Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Poll: Fear Itself

Default SC2 Poll: Fear Itself

It seems that most of us experience a thrill of anticipation when we sit down in front of StarCraft II and click on that shiny gold Find Match button. There’s something about facing off against another player with our league standing on the line just gets our blood pumping.

Of course, part of the reason playing StarCraft II is so exciting (if not a little nerve-wracking at times), is that not every match results in quite the glorious victory that we hoped it would. A big factor in winning can be psychological too. Do you feel a little anxious when facing a certain race? Are there tactics that put your back up against the wall?

When your opponent’s name comes up, is there a race you dread seeing the most? Does random freak you out? Let us know, and tell us why in the comments!

What do you "fear" playing against the most?

Don't let this question fool you. This isn't just a poll made for fun. It has implications on all matchups. Instead of fear think of it as annoyance. Another way this poll could have be named is "Which race annoys you the most?".

At the moment the most annoying race is Zerg. I believe 6 pool rushes and muta harass really are annoying for all races even Zerg itself.

Source:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1536336729
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

CrowToss's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: SC2 Poll: Fear Itself

Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Don't let this question fool you. This isn't just a poll made for fun. It has implications on all matchups. for all races even Zerg itself.
    What exactly are we in danger of being 'fooled' into thinking? And what kind of implications are you referring to? Gameplay? Please, explain. You makes it sound like this poll is some sort of insidious and harmful drug.

God damn Terran and their Marauders
    KCCO

Zerg annoy me the most because of the devastation zerglings can bring. Even late game when you've amassed a sizable army, if a swarm of upgraded speedlings can get into your base they can raze it in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowToss View Post
    What exactly are we in danger of being 'fooled' into thinking? And what kind of implications are you referring to? Gameplay? Please, explain. You makes it sound like this poll is some sort of insidious and harmful drug.
    I didn't say you were in danger did I? This is not a simple "fun" poll. Devs make a lot of decisions based on polls so I'm hoping people will take them more seriously. For instance: which unit you like the most? Is a unit I would check to maybe nerf. Which unit do you like the least? Is a unit I would buff all for balance reasons.
    Last edited by Genopath; 12-16-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

DutyFree's Avatar Junior Member

As a protoss player, I love PvP (winning w/o colossi, woo!) and PvZ (except for mutas in my base), but I always groan when I see that my opponent is terran.

Quote Originally Posted by DutyFree View Post
    As a protoss player, I love PvP (winning w/o colossi, woo!) and PvZ (except for mutas in my base), but I always groan when I see that my opponent is terran.
    Same here. Except I'm usually happy seeing mutas in my base. Mostly cos I like lots of upgrades with blink stalkers vs mutas and tech to templar.:P PvT.........really frustrating. They can just put on tons more pressure early compared to other races and ghosts are so easy for them to tech to.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

WhoamI's Avatar Junior Member

Terrans. Most IMBA race.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

I hate PvP, it's always just a bunch of warp gate rushing and there's not much you can do other than WG rush yourself or turtle. PvT is quite a fun matchup actually, though I'll still occasionally lose out to the one-base all-ins that terrans love. And banshees, ughh...

I am very new to competitive starcraft (only played the campaigns before) and I get so full of adrenaline mid-late game that my hands get shaky and I can't macro properly.

As an aside, I think Blizzard should put something between beginners league and normal league. Perhaps with full speed and no extra blockages but with only players that just finished beginners league. There is a huge jump between beginners and normal.