Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Demo available now

Default Re: SC2 Demo available now

I don't understand why people are clamoring for new missions in a demo. Do companies ever release new or exclusive content in a demo? Besides...all of us paying customers are already entitled to not only the map editor but also the plethora of custom games already available. To say you're disappointed about the lack of new content in a demo just seems baffling when you've got the whole shebang.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    I don't understand why people are clamoring for new missions in a demo. Do companies ever release new or exclusive content in a demo? Besides...all of us paying customers are already entitled to not only the map editor but also the plethora of custom games already available. To say you're disappointed about the lack of new content in a demo just seems baffling when you've got the whole shebang.
    Blizzard used to. The Looming campaign comes to mind.

As far as I can remember, the Starcraft Demo released the Looming campaign (pre-Rebel Yell). [+content]

The Diablo II Demo was just the first 2 Quests with the Barbarian [no xtra content]

The Warcraft III Demo released the Exodus of the Horde campaign (pre-Human Campaign) [+content]'

Any other demos come to mind?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

StarCraft and WarCraft 3 demo's definitely had new content. I don't know about WarCraft or WarCraft 2 though.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Well then I stand corrected.

From the developer chat back in May: (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthrea...er+Chat&page=6)

Guest-397: Is there going to be a single-player demo like there was for the original shortly before or after release?
    DustinB: We are working on something, but it is still a little bit in the future to know exactly when we will have it ready.
    I can see now how much work they put into it...
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    I can see now how much work they put into it...
    Considering the demo is basically what they leaked in Blizzcons....

The day of free stuff is over guys.
    DLC DLC DLC DLC.
    Nothing flys at Activision Blizzard unless it makes money....there's still no SDK for Modern Warfare 2 or anything like that. The entire community asked for SDK or server tools and the toolbox at Infinity Ward said "We listen to the community very carefully and will consider the opinions and take them into strong consideration"

So...that's why the heads at Infinity Ward got fired for reasons unsure at this moment, and then 40+ original staff leaving and not commenting why they left.

I know Blizzard has "Autonomy" but now that they have quarterly results. They can't just throw money at crap without making their balance sheet look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Seems the lethargy of the orcs kinda became the lethargy of Blizzard...
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

This isn't the old days, Monkey. Even I understood it was somewhat illogical to expect new content in the demo given the increased effort it takes to make a map up to the new standard especially with HotS coming out. If you look at the SC/WC3 demos, they weren't really that great or complicated missions. Mostly filler.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.