Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Demo available now

Default SC2 Demo available now

If you havenít yet experienced the intense strategic combat of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, you can get into the action today with the newly released demo edition. Featuring full access to the first three missions of the single-player campaign, as well as unlimited access to skirmish mode as the terrans versus an A.I. opponent, the free demo gives you an introduction to the cinematic storytelling and fast-paced gameplay of StarCraft II.
    [link]

Default Re: SC2 Demo available now

As a good business move I think this come a bit late. I would have released it about a month ago so that people would have more time to incorporate it into their Christmas lists. As it is I can't see it making much of an impact, at least before the holiday.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Too bad there's no exclusive missions for the demo, disappointing.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Bah, no new missions, that's lame. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SinsWage View Post
    As a good business move I think this come a bit late. I would have released it about a month ago so that people would have more time to incorporate it into their Christmas lists. As it is I can't see it making much of an impact, at least before the holiday.
    Actually, I feel this is a good time for it.

Consider this. If people are GOING to get the game for xmas, it would have been purchased already. If people are iffy on it, they can try it out now and get hooked to help boost sales in January, which are typically a lower than average time period.

It could also be the point that they WANTED it out earlier but the actual development finished and enabled it to be released now, better late than never.

Too many possibilities I'd say. Many to discuss, none to confirm. >.<
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Either way, it's cool they're willing to offer a demo for their customers. Most companies don't even take that extra step nowadays. Hopefully it nets them many more sales.

Awesome news!! Hope there is a Mac version. But why no multiplayer?? Are you trying to get on the naughty list for christmas activ...... I mean Blizzard.

They did make the friend passes and that let you play every part of the game. That's probably why they didn't bother with the demo until now.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

What? No new missions?

Blizzard I am disappoint. Although, then again, these aren't the old SCBW/WC3 days where you can make a mission with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikill View Post
    activ...... I mean Blizzard.
    How creative. Who would've thought to 'accidentally' confused Acitvision with Blizzard.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Silly me

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.