Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote SC2 for Wikia's GOTY

Default Vote SC2 for Wikia's GOTY

Show your commitment to the Starcraft cause by voting for it.

You can vote for your favorite game of the year in Wikia's Top Games of 2010 poll. It doesn't have to be Starcraft II, of course - there have been quite a few excellent games released this year. If your favorite game is not on the list yet, you can simply add it.

Now you should go vote here

Default Re: Vote SC2 for Wikia's GOTY

Clearly Fallout is going to win.

And its a far better pick than SC2.

I'm content with ME2 in third place.

Wow this is like the tenth diferent GOTY awards i heard about this weak.
    Kinda loses it's value if almost every site on the internet has it's own. :S
    But on the other hand it atleast explains how almost every second game in the store has a label on it proclaming it was game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    But on the other hand it atleast explains how almost every second game in the store has a label on it proclaming it was game of the year.
    The value of the award is the prestige of the giver, like it's not the same an award from, for example, Gamestop than Wikia

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    Lol I just said the same thing in another thread....

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthrea...t=9021&page=30

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Clearly Fallout is going to win.

And its a far better pick than SC2.

I'm content with ME2 in third place.
    I haven't played New Vegas yet, but I just finished Fallout 3 and that game was incredibly good. I don't know if I'd say it's better than SC2 but maybe. And if New Vegas is even better than I'd probably agree that it is.

If New Vegas was really good, then I'd like to see ME2 1st, New Vegas 2nd, and SC2 3rd.....

Halo Reach and Black Ops (especially Black Ops) do not deserve to be in the top 3. RDR is better than both of those and the former three games mentioned are way better too imo.

It's funny how M games are the ones that get to the top

Starcraft 2 was clearly the best strategy game in there. Sure, the story was disappointing but the campaign was still awesome to play thanks to great level design and the refined gameplay. In the end, this is what really matters. The soundtrack and the sound effects weren't excellent but I can't say they were bad either. Overall, even with its flaws, SC2 was awesome.

Civ 5 finally has some good turn based combat but the rest of the game is disappointing compared to Civ 4. For example, the soundtrack was good but cannot be compared to the one in Civ 4. Understandably, it's hard to go up against masterpieces made by composers such as Bach, Beethoven and etc. I kinda missed the religion system and I found that city-states didn't bring anything much. I kinda hate how much they limited interactions with AI's players to force you to act more with city-states. I also feel that the game is more unbalanced that it ever was. Good luck if you want to win a diplomatic victory with India if you have a Japanese neighbor who's planing on conquering the world...

Napoleon suffer from most of the flaws that Empire total war did (stupid AI, lots of bugs) so it ended more fun to watch than play. Indeed, battles are awesome to watch and the sounds effects are crazy! Unfortunately, the strategic depth of the game feels limited and the gameplay is far from being smooth.

Are you all quite sure that SCII is really of a low standard and that 12 years of maturity and nostalgia aren't affecting judgement? The general consenses among the hundreds of gamespot user reviews and the dozens of critics is that SCII story is adequate at worst. Now, adequate can have different meanings depending on if you're comparing to game, book or movie standards but that's kind of another topic. I can understand the complaints about cheesy dialogue and I agree that some lines are exceptionally bad, but I kind of liked the story. Not neccesarily for all of the characters (Kerrigan for example barely qualified as more than a plot device) or Xel'Naga plot, but overall I'd call WoL one of those campaigns that are greater than the sum of their parts... it's just a combination of lots of little things that I like it for.
    Last edited by Louis; 12-16-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Should I get XBox360 or pS3
    Waiting...

The damned will return...