Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allmost like a spoiler, Naruds been fooling us all along

MuppZA's Avatar Junior Member

Default Allmost like a spoiler, Naruds been fooling us all along

Just figured out How Dr Narud and Duran are connected, obviously they are each others reverse names but why have duran taking form to narud, yes he took contact with Raynor to buy Raynors Protoss and Zerg relics/reserch! :O

So you been helping Duran with hybrids all along in the WoL campaign, Duran is a sneaky bastard alright!
    Last edited by MuppZA; 12-11-2010 at 03:25 AM.

<-Is it just me or does it look like the Mohandar avatar is... jacking off o.O

Default Re: Allmost like a spoiler, Naruds been fooling us all along

Please let it be false. It would be taking Durans James Bond villain complex to something much worse like an episode of Austin Powers or the comic section of the weekend papers. Apparantly his first name is Emil which is Latin for rivaling or imitating or something. I'd much rather it be the latter, it'd be so much more subtle of a word play than a backwards name.
    Last edited by Louis; 12-11-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Blizzards Frank pearce has confirmed in a interview that Narud and Duran has some kind of connection and what would that be if not this?^^

It's vague. For all we know the connection is that be that Duran is Valarians uncle who married Kerrigans mom who is Naruds sister.

Sorry, but retarded snails figured this out faster than you...
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    Sorry, but retarded snails figured this out faster than you...
    Well retarded snails don't wright on forums do day?

When i read other forums around Narud/Duran they never discussed Naruds whole plan for working along side Raynor!

But if your snails in the backyard figured that out already then congratz...

I actually wish it would've been more obvious.

Could've added some tension to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eligor View Post
    I actually wish it would've been more obvious.

Could've added some tension to the plot.
    Yes, more like broodwar...

It seems like they have been holding back the bad guys for WoL it was more obvious with the bad guys in sc1!

Raynor after all is a very forthright character and is not very comfortable in the realms of intrigue.

And yes, more like Brood War, NOT the details, but the tone and spirit of the thing. A universe where good and evil are uncertain and exist in shades and halftones instead of absolute values and where a character's morality doesn't necessitate success or failure in his or her endeavours. One of the things that MADE Raynor interesting is that he was playing second, or perhaps even third fiddle as far as power relationships were concerned, while being perhaps the only 100 % decent and likeable character. He wasn't a hero because the narrative perspective portrayed him as such (the way it does in SC 2 with all the heroic shots of him towering proudly in marine armour and looking like a 26th century Che Guevara and gloriously saving the day each and every time), but because of what he did, even if the consequences of his actions changed little in the grand scheme of things. But as pure.Wasted aptly noted with SC 2 Raynor IS the StarCraft universe (instead of being one of the players in a drama) and gone are the scope and the complexity (and the excitement and good dialogue for that matter, but that's a somewhat separate topic). StarCraft and Brood War actually had some pretty powerful and poignant things to say about heroism and warfare, despite having a story told entirely through talking heads. I am pretty sure by the way that this minimalism helped make the story better, as Metzen and co. HAD to ensure the dialogue was good and interesting and involving and said something important about the characters to boot (Shakespeare by the way had exactly the same problems to contend with as his plays happened on a stage virtually barren of decorations, and look where it got him), now they're trying to get by with lots of "pyrotechnics", flashy visual filler stolen from Hollywood and little substance (that leaked HoTS pre-viz is pretty indicative of this as it's quite clear that they expect the realistic graphics of the finished cinematic to do most of the job for them as far as the creation of dramatic impact is concerned).

did you notice how narud referred to kerrigan: "Oh she can be quite a nuisance"
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/