Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] What the heck is this Kerrigan video all about????

Default Re: [Spoilers] What the heck is this Kerrigan video all about????

Quote Originally Posted by 0mar View Post
    Awards are nothing more than publicity. There was a scandal a few years ago where some top publisher pressured IGN and other sites into giving some big name, but medicore game, awards during the season. Maybe 15 years ago, the awards actually meant something, but nowadays, they are just a fancy advertisement tool. Video game journalism is a complete joke. There is not even a notion of impartiality. Most sites are bankrolled by major publishers and thus are loathe to downrate their games.
    I know I've been frustrated with all of the GotYs and other awards for the past ten years as well. They need to organize one official ceremony like the Academy Awards for games so that there's a panel of legitimate critics without any industry pressure and a official Game of the Year, instead of a different one on every other site and award ceremony.

And please god don't let it be the Spike Awards. I think an entirely new award ceremony would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabber Wookie View Post
    I know I've been frustrated with all of the GotYs and other awards for the past ten years as well. They need to organize one official ceremony like the Academy Awards for games so that there's a panel of legitimate critics without any industry pressure and a official Game of the Year, instead of a different one on every other site and award ceremony.

And please god don't let it be the Spike Awards. I think an entirely new award ceremony would be best.
    Lal, the academy awards being legit critics without industry pressure?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

I think an entirely new award ceremony would be best.
    I think that's the stupidest idea I've heard on the issue. Yes, let us make the pool even moar convoluted.

A better idea is to get rid of all the stupid, pointless awards. IE. all of them.

As a side note, DAO was awesome. Bioware has yet to fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I think that's the stupidest idea I've heard on the issue. Yes, let us make the pool even moar convoluted.

A better idea is to get rid of all the stupid, pointless awards. IE. all of them.

The best solution is to just let them live on with all their crazy awards and ignore them.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

What the heck is this thread all about????

It was about freaking out over an almost 2 year old previs which is yet to have it's own music and lip syncing. But apparantly we've gotten over it and have turned it into a general discussion topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    Lal, the academy awards being legit critics without industry pressure?
    Umm Hurt Locker winning with almost the lowest budget and an incredibly new director? (Not to mention while Avatar was in the run, so I don't see much industry pressure there?)

Actually it wouldn't convolute anymore at all if you read my suggestion, which WAS to get rid of all the other pointless awards and make a more universal one.

Back on thread topic... err....

Actually it wouldn't convolute anymore at all if you read my suggestion, which WAS to get rid of all the other pointless awards and make a more universal one.

Back on thread topic... err....
    Ah, I misread. I thought you were talking about creating a new "legit" one on top of the others. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    It was about freaking out over an almost 2 year old previs which is yet to have it's own music and lip syncing. But apparantly we've gotten over it and have turned it into a general discussion topic.
    It's actually more like 6-7 months old.
    Last edited by Alex06; 12-16-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Umm Hurt Locker winning with almost the lowest budget and an incredibly new director? (Not to mention while Avatar was in the run, so I don't see much industry pressure there?)
    Meh, then let's say pressured by political correctiveness. Say, letting a woman win...

The Academy Awards have been a political corrective manurespreader the last couple of years.
    Many critics, critisized The Hurt locker in the first place to be a bad nominee due to it's lack of wholeness a film deemed an oscar worthy should have.
    Yes, many films sucked, but you can't say the tendency isn't biased in the oscar awarding. Take the year all black people suddenly got oscars...

Awards and awardsshows are just crap once you start making them a certain size. They should be kept for up and coming stuff, not BEST of BESTEST... That's just too much gravy.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy