Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The metatorial review of SC2

Default Re: The metatorial review of SC2

LOL this is hilarious. However I don't agree with one thing: these side plots that they say mess up the story are just that: side plots none of which have been deemed cannon. So any of these plot points could be irrelevant until the people at blizzard hammer out the inconsistencies. It's like the clone wars tv series. So many continuity inconstancies that have not been hammered out yet till most of the series is completed (when ever that will be). So as of right now all this looks like a festering wound that needs to be healed continuity wise. I'm not counting any of this as cannon besides the ending cut scene and the beginning cut scene and the missions before you decide which missions to play. Not till Blizzard states which missions are cannon and which aren't and are we ever getting an "enslavers" like campaign a la enslavers 3 for more Starcraft story? Ulrezaj anyone? Some one else?
    Last edited by protoss wrath; 12-08-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    STARCRAFT II HEART OF THE SWARM IS COMING ARE YOU READY?
    THE DARK TEMPLAR ARE LIKE THE JEDI OF STARCRAFT AND ZERATUL IS THEIR LEADER!

Choice A has been deemed canon at Blizzcon and in an interview with Brian Kindregan. So you chose A and helped the colonists and A you helped Tosh in the official SC canon.

And playing a game only counting the beginning and the end as valid story of that game seems to me like a bad excuse for playing a bad game.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Excellent. That's exactly how bad it is. There's no doubt that most of the other review sites were either bribed, had no balls to be harsh (fair, really) with Blizzard, or did a very bad job.

Anyone know if short articles can be nominated for the Nobel Prize of Literature?

That's the most thought out and on point negative review I've read. Very well done.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Finally, some common sense has prevailed!!

A victory for good taste!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Favorite line/subtext.... "Arcturus Mengsk is ultimately irrelevant"

lol awesome review

Quote Originally Posted by protoss wrath View Post
    LOL this is hilarious. However I don't agree with one thing: these side plots that they say mess up the story are just that: side plots
    Yeah I agree. People keep saying that those side plots had no significant meaning, that they were poorly thought and etc but... they're side plots! Of course they don't have a significant meaning. Weather it's in dragon age, mass effect, fallout, gta or whatever, side plots are never that good so please, direct your anger where it matters: how bad the rest of the story was!

Then again, I do think that the complaints regarding those side missions comes from the fact that it never really was that clear which mission were the core ones and which ones were suppose to be the side quests. Not until you reach Char that is. This might be due to the fact that none of them were actually majorly important. Sure, saving the colony is good but... saving the entire galaxy is something else. Usually this is how you make the difference.
    Last edited by sandwich_bird; 12-10-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Actually, perhaps they weren't side plots.
    Perhaps they were intended as a story telling mechanism, in parallel to the main protagonist storyline, to evolve the story.
    A mechanism which, in the end, ultimately failed.

wrong post