Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

  1. #51

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    Holy cow! Our space ships are rotten!! Run away!

    Here's a link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putrefaction
    Exactly how will the decomposition of animal proteins cause my very non-organic space ship to shoot me?
    Hey guess what? Many metals can be degraded/rusted/dissolved by biological substances. They are essentially rotted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    I define a proper mind control unit as a unit that has a mind controlling ability which is:
    1. not lame
    2. believable
    3. worthwhile

    Corruptor may fit #3 but not the other two.
    Mmmm, more personal opinion. Instead of the tickle in your vagina, try using logic to make an argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    You guess wrong about the Viking, but having read the rest of your post I didn't expect much better from you.
    So then you're admitting your conclusions have no comparable bases? Lovely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    Seriously, no u.
    Go fling your shit elsewhere.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    Corruption is not something the zerg do. They infest, they mutate and they kill.
    Corruption is often used as a synonym for disease infection. It was more common to use the term that way a few hundred years ago, but people still use it today.

    As already mentioned, corruptors don't mind control units (and mind control shouldn't be a zerg specialty anyway). It just kills them and grows stationary attackers on them. They're as zerg-flavored as spore colonies.

    The way the corruptor works doesn't seem all that different from the way infestors work in flavor terms.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  3. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Hey guess what? Many metals can be degraded/rusted/dissolved by biological substances. They are essentially rotted.
    Both rust and dissolution is very different from rot in both process and result. Are you going for a new personal best in being wrong?

    And rusted or dissolved space ships still won't start shooting at me, so that argument was both wrong and stupid.

    Mmmm, more personal opinion. Instead of the tickle in your vagina, try using logic to make an argument.
    What's wrong with expressing personal opinion? Isn't this a thread about favorite/least favorite units which is inherently a property of one's opinion?

    I don't have a vagina. You continue to be wrong.

    So then you're admitting your conclusions have no comparable bases? Lovely.
    How on earth are you able to read that from what I wrote? How did "you are wrong" become "I admit my conclusions have no comparable bases"?

    Go fling your shit elsewhere.
    Ooh, someone's touchy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    The Corruptor doesn't "mind control" anything.
    What it does is it disables a flying vessel by overwhelming it with spores that spawn a type of growth that essentially consumes the ship, or chokes out its occupants and combative systems, then uses that vessel as a base to fire from.
    In game terms, this is very much a mind control ability. A unit that used to be on your side is now on the enemy's side. That's mind control, however limited it may be.

    The corrupting act is the taking over of the ship by way of encroaching all of it with aggressive biomass. It's a very Zerg act. While a pretty simple idea, I think it's one of the best Zerg ideas Blizzard has come up with.
    If that is the process works then it's at least a believable ability, though it's still pretty lame in game terms. But that process is commonly referred to as infestastion. Not corruption. Funny how that works, huh.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    In game terms, this is very much a mind control ability. A unit that used to be on your side is now on the enemy's side. That's mind control, however limited it may be.
    ...except the corrupted unit doesn't have any of the stats or abilities of the original unit. Do you consider Spawn Broodlings to be a mind-control ability?
    The Spider Brigade has disabled your radio gauge

  5. #55

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBrigade View Post
    ...except the corrupted unit doesn't have any of the stats or abilities of the original unit. Do you consider Spawn Broodlings to be a mind-control ability?
    Exactly what i wanted to say.
    In game terms, this is very much a mind control ability. A unit that used to be on your side is now on the enemy's side. That's mind control, however limited it may be.
    In game terms Corruption would be sort of Infestation, but since Infestor already got something like that (and his name...), Corruption fits that perfectly, and in a lot of games you will find Spell that is called Corruption, and description of the spell is sort of Decay, Rot, Disease etc etc...So you are definitely wrong.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

  6. #56

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    Both rust and dissolution is very different from rot in both process and result.
    Wrong. Rotting is the break down of biological material. Rust and dissolution are the break down of inorganic material.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    And rusted or dissolved space ships still won't start shooting at me, so that argument was both wrong and stupid.
    If you had been paying attention, which clearly you haven't, the Corruptors attack disables enemy vehicles through spores which grow and consume and disable their inorganic components. These spores grow into full fungi which attack similar to the Spore Crawler. The corrupted units themselves do not attack, its the fungi growing on them that attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    What's wrong with expressing personal opinion? Isn't this a thread about favorite/least favorite units which is inherently a property of one's opinion?
    Personal opinion based on inaccurate and falsified data is wrong. I agree with you it's mind control, but I disagree that it's not "proper," it is, because your standards of

    1. not lame
    2. believable
    3. worthwhile

    are bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    I don't have a vagina. You continue to be wrong.
    *Offensive material removed*

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    How on earth are you able to read that from what I wrote? How did "you are wrong" become "I admit my conclusions have no comparable bases"?
    Because I'm clearly smarter and better endowed than you. Barring that, because you still haven't logically explained why its bad that the Corruptor has a unique way of killing other units.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    Ooh, someone's touchy.
    Side effect of having 8 or 9 limbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    In game terms, this is very much a mind control ability. A unit that used to be on your side is now on the enemy's side. That's mind control, however limited it may be.
    I agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrblt View Post
    If that is the process works then it's at least a believable ability, though it's still pretty lame in game terms. But that process is commonly referred to as infestastion. Not corruption. Funny how that works, huh.
    Except the Corruptor does BOTH. And since we can't have two units called the Infestor, this one gets Corruptor.
    Last edited by LordofAscension; 05-23-2009 at 05:34 PM.

  7. #57

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Why can't we all get along?

  8. #58

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noise View Post
    Why can't we all get along?
    Because most people are stupid and a detriment to our species and civilization.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Now now children, calm down.
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

  10. #60

    Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowToeSocks View Post
    Now now children, calm down.
    Agreed. Keep it on-topic.
    [CENTER]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •