Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes 1.2.0 PTR

Default Re: Patch Notes 1.2.0 PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Fixed an issue where Larva could produce units by holding down hotkeys.

That is not good though. Been doing that since Beta.
    I don't understand this change. How is it a glitch?... So now we have to bash our keyboards to make 100lings late game?
    And wait... larvae can't mass produce... but barracks can still make a million marines by holding down A?

And Blizzard... don't touch my fungal! Please!
    Damn you, now vikings and phoenii are going to be so much trouble...
    Last edited by Hammy; 12-04-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Farewell days of invincible Planetary Fortresses. We hardly knew ye.

I suppose people will only throw 6-7 of their SCVs to repair it now, instead of all they have. That should keep the SCVs from getting into range of anyone who'd want to hit them. The rate of repair will definitely go down.

I assume the main reason this was nerfed is to deal with the 2 Thor push. I'm curious if it's been completely nullified, or just weakened slightly. (It was beatable already.)

I'm not sure I agree with the Observer buff. I like that they want to make detection a little easier to get, but I don't think this is the way. When people don't get Observers it's not because they don't have 25 gas, it's because they need to keep pumping Colossi, or they need that first Immortal. 25 gas reduction in cost doesn't really address that.

Phoenix buff is good. It should be easier for Protoss to have a mixed fleet now, even with 2 stargates. 20% bonus will help against Thors, (huge!) Battlecruisers, (only without Yamato) Ultralisks, (good!) and Colossi. (great!) Lots of utility all around, I'm wondering if this isn't a little too much... but PvP seems to be the focus and from what I've heard, I hope it works...

Hallucination buff, eh, sure. Bunker buff seems unnecessary. So it's a pretty damn good balance patch over-a-- waait a second Fungal Growth doesn't hit air units?!

Damn. I don't think I like this. I guess Blizzard is trying to emphasize the Infested Terrans as counter to air, but I don't like that. Lame spells should stay lame (and eventually be removed), not force others to become lamer just so they aren't completely forgotten. I much preferred Fungal Growth's ability to insta-destroy harassing units that got careless. The game needs those kind of sudden bursts of energy.
    Last edited by pure.Wasted; 12-04-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

DeAdLiNe's Avatar Junior Member

I dont see how buffing protoss air would balance tvp ,since VRs aren't effective against marines now ,not to mention after they lose their speed upg.The observer cost cut is good and research time for sentries ,this brings up better scouting options.I really think that either nerfing marines and marauders would balance tvp or making immortal produce time get cut like it was in beta or something between then and now ,cus mass immortals late game would be a problem i admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    I don't understand this change. How is it a glitch?... So now we have to bash our keyboards to make 100lings late game?
    And wait... larvae can't mass produce... but barracks can still make a million marines by holding down A?
    acording to TL this goes for all production for all races; holding down kes just doesnt work anymore..

im seriously going to have to switch races; i like making lings, but i have enough carpel tunnel as it is.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Why don't they just decrease the dmg or duration of fungal on air? If not then have it be able to cast it while burrowed.

Blizzard has already nerfed NP and fungal now too... Atleast give infestors more hp then, or remove the armored status cause basicly everything that can attack ground can kill infestors easily. I can't find a complain of
    fungal being OP compared to psi storm/emp, so why nerf it if you leave the other races spellcasters untouched? ZvZ is now a race to mutas or try to kill your oponent before he gets mutas.

P. S. Master League here I come .
    And no more holding E to make 50 banelings :/
    Last edited by GGsmung; 12-04-2010 at 06:47 AM.

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Fixed an issue where Larva could produce units by holding down hotkeys.
    This change is only to make zerg harder.
    Protoss use warp gates and click on W then hold shift and can make as many units as their warp gates, and as for robo and stargate I doubt they would want to hold down a key to fully que them, same goes for terran unit producing structures.

So why do this?

Ex:
    A attacking force is heading towards you, you have been power droning most of the time and to defend this you have to press Z or R as fast and often as you can instead of just holding down Z or R.

This doesnt sound like a big change but you could have been way quicker making those units by just holding down the key. And have extra time prepairing yourself for the attack position wise.

Not here to whine, changes are good and patch is pretty awesome except for Fungal Growth like many of you have said. I can't see now counter to Vikings, because they outrange every Zerg unit, and they can easily snipe unit by unit, and you can't touch them because they get back to the group of Marines and Siege Tanks whenever you try to hunt them with Mutas. Also, I just don't see Corruptors as counter to Phoenixes, they are too fast for them. It is the same as if the Corruptors would be counter to Mutas, and they aren't.
    I think this change will greatly affect the balance of the Zerg vs. air units, Phoenixes will be used really often now in PvZ, ZvZ will be switched back to the Mass Mutas(Again -.-), and we will see more Banshee/Viking/Medivac play in TvZ. But we will see, maybe this can turn out to be good.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Well against toss air LeenockfOu's way in the GSL is quite good. Tech to spire. Get corruptors and just stop toss air from harassing your base. Won't be able to chase them down and kill them unless toss is careless. Then tech to hydras. Hydras can kill off the gateway units and corruptors deal with Toss air and Colossus. The problem is getting the right mix. Corruption helps a lot.

I think they made that change for fungal because Zerg was the only race that could temporarily halt air harass. Drops, banshees, phoenixes, etc. The other races can't hold down air units so it made a sort of imbalance where it was riskier to drop/harass with air units against zerg due to their fungal. I guess they just wanted to make it easier to go air against zerg. That said the battlenet forums mentioned soemthing about the fungal nerf is due to no more speed upgrade for VR. I guess Americans will have to play a lot in the PTR and try things out to get a good opinion of it.

I still have the same question from before. Anyone have any idea if chat channels are global or region locked??
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 12-04-2010 at 07:49 AM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

no reason to believe they would be global.

my problem with corruptosr is how damn usless tehy are in the face of enough stalkers.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Hey, there's also Plunder Isle in the test server!

I used the play the CRUD out of that map during my WC3 days . I just took its SC2 incarnation for a spin against the comp ^^.

Unlike Lost Temple which was an SC map that went into WC3, Plunder Isle is a WC3 map that's going into SC2 . It felt really weird. I kept expecting Gnolls guarding the corner expos, and Dragons behind the brush .

Ooooh, the memories!
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!