Thread: Clide vs Leenock in GSL3. best TvZ ever?

Default Clide vs Leenock in GSL3. best TvZ ever?

http://sc2casts.com/cast1558-Clide-v...SL-Round-of-64

... to try to capture how epic this was (whole series but mainly game3) i feel inclined to quote Artosis final words:

I dont smoke, but i feel like i need a cigarette after this...

i didnt watch much of GSL S2 but tastosis seem to think this game was more epic than anything seen before.

watch it, before the VOD goes poof.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Default Re: Clide vs Leenock in GSL3. best TvZ ever?

The stamina of those players.

Insane games love it thx for vids

[url=http://sc2sig.com]

Not to be a party pooper but this wasn't nearly as good as last game of Foxer vs Kyrix. Seriously.

That was pretty amazing... the perfect kind of game to watch with Tastosis' commentary actually.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    The stamina of those players.
    So true... an amateur would have broken down thrown the game ten times during those three crazy-intense games...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    That was pretty amazing... the perfect kind of game to watch with Tastosis' commentary actually.
    Out of curiosity -- I don't watch them very often -- what would you say separates their commentary from that of Day9, or Husky?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Tastosis stick to Broodwar names of units and structures. Been slowly improving lately. But there were times they called the hellion vultures. Tasteless always calls medivacs dropships. Tasteless always does a semi-weird intro for each player mostly cos he's waiting on the korean VO to intro their names. Compared to Day9, they somehow don't convey excitement as well. Tasteless would OMG in a lower tone with his smoker voice. Artosis would go all high almost screaming. Somehow seems like Tasteless doesn't get to ladder much. He mostly depends on Artosis to help identify builds. There were times they said some builds that didn't really suit the situation. Like a time the terran went early 2 gas and kept all 6 guys on gas while tech to factory and starport. They said oh this will be a blue flame hellion drop. And i thought no he's banking too much gas for that, wouldn't it be banshee with cloak. And it ended up banshee with cloak. So basically they have a few bad habits and i think from not playing much they're not so clear on the latest trends and builds. And artosis especially likes to talk about any builds related to zerg. Zerg builds or builds to defeat zergs. Somehow Day9 can commentate the same game but make it more exciting with like the inflection of his voice and the underlying excitment you can sense in it.

Husky....i've never really liked so i won't know about that. But lots of people like him for a reason. I just quickly watched one game he shoutcasted and i have to say.....he's quite good comentating on what's happening but not on what's going to happen or what the players are planning. Tastosis and Day9 are much better at this. Constantly keeping the production tab open as much as possible and checking each player's base to see the tech choices. In that one game commentated from Husky I only saw the addons on the 4 rax after they were all done and producing. Never saw the Zerg's lair or baneling nest placement. Never saw when Zerg expanded. Every unit that comes out from each player is like a total surprise that is impossible for a shoutcaster to predict or see as it is building. This of course is just a generalisation from just watching one game but if i were to keep watching Husky i would imagine I need to watch the minimap to catch ALL the things Husky misses. This is just from watching one game so i'm not that knowledgeable about Husky's style.

Overall Tastosis and Day9 can do play-by-play and analysis. Day9 does it in a more exciting way. Husky just seems to be a play-by-play kind of guy. Would pair him with an analyst commentator to improve the match commentating.

Edit: Looked quickly at HDH invitational match between tasteless and day9. With husky controlling the screen. Seems like i was right about his style. He misses a lot of things happening at the player's bases. And he just sort of takes over from HD during the action. For Tastosis one of them (usually tasteless) would be doing play by play and the other would just see what each player is making and comment on it. e.g. while tasteless is talking about marines attacking the drones artosis would mention 8 zerglings being produced and about to pop.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 11-27-2010 at 06:49 AM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Tastless and Artosis are the only true shoutcasters, all other are amature kids with Day9 in the lead

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up