Thread: I am sick of this game being balanced for casual players.

Operatoring's Avatar Junior Member

Default I am sick of this game being balanced for casual players.

There. I said it. It is stupid. I don't care if you can't beat a Void Ray rush in silver. L2P. It is impossible to have a game on the razors edge of balance at all levels of play. You balance it for the top 1%, because that is where it matters. Battle.net's rating system will take care of the rest of us.

I also can't stand people arguing about balance. This is even worse if the person is bronze. Why? Am I an elitest? No. If you can't make it to Diamond, you are playing wrong. You should be learning how to play before commenting on the game. If you DO make it to diamond, you should still have NOTHING to say. No insight at all. You are one person, playing a game with millions of others, and everyone has an opinion different than yours. You have no data, nothing any other player doesn't have.

You know who does? Blizz. STFU AND L2P.

Zerg 2000k Diamond out
    If you don't have a Beta key and would like to play SC2 against computers, PM me. Don't ask me anything in posts. The AI that is out for the computers is fun and challenging. Give it a try to ease the pain of watching others play and not being able to play yourself.

Default Re: I am sick of this game being balanced for casual players.

This in a forum dedicated to discussion? Amazing. I never thought I'd see the day someone would flame the majority of the community. It's not like we saw that crap from May 2007 onward or something.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Wikkid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Wikkid shit.
    Epic Avatar is epic.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Duckyyy's Avatar Junior Member

hmmm.....im actually quite sure you cater for 99% then that 1% can just gtfo and play something else ?

This post is absolute shit.

Blizzard is about emergent gameplay through good design leading to great competition, but you're all about competition, forget gameplay or even bother with design. Two don't play together well.

Good gameplay usually comes out of good competition. But if you have units and strategies that, if missed by a few seconds, completely dominate then there isn't really any fun in that no matter what skill level.

I'm sure no pro player enjoys void rays rushed, they've only trained themselves to counter it.

You get strategies that are clearly unfair or uninteresting, then the game will become dull with extremely "skilled" players duking it out using extremely dull and boring strategies.

not only that, but then you get skill being based on dumb void ray rushes or some really one sided strategy where if you're not "skilled enough" to scout it, you lose.

And that just isn't the gameplay Blizzard wants.

So which part of your post are we supposed to pay attention to, the first part where you complain about balance or the second part where you say no one should complain and instead should, ahem, "STFU and L2P"?

Just wondering.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

I think the OP is right; you should balance the game only for the top 1%

That means only that 1% will buy the game? Because in that logic, it makes no sense to buy the game if you know it will be unbalanced for your level

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyyy View Post
    hmmm.....im actually quite sure you cater for 99% then that 1% can just gtfo and play something else ?
    eSport > Casuals in importance for this particular game.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I can't see this thread not turning into a flame wars with the way you started it.

Closed.