Thread: Supply Drop Bug?

Default Supply Drop Bug?

My 2v2 partner brought something to my attention last night that I would like to share. I apologize if this is out there already. Did you know in any team game where you and an ally are both Terran, you can supply drop on their suppys and boost their supply? I will post the replay shortly.

If someone could kindly tell me where the replays might be found and downloaded, I would be much obliged. Note: I'm working with Vista.
    Last edited by flak4321; 11-22-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: request
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Default Re: Supply Drop Bug?

This is not a big issue, but when a lot of people will know that some 2v2 strat may become imabalanced.

There is a timer to prevent too early resssources sharing, giving out supply is a way to bypass this. I don't know if it is abusable, just a little fix should do it ^^.

A little fix would work, yes. I don't see how this would become an imbalance issue. Sure the recipient would get a supply boost and save some $, but the sender would lose scan/MULE ability. Timing would be a critical factor in any planned usage, inclusive of good scouting to make sure you don't get caught at a bad energy point when you need it. I personally don't even think this bug is more than a neat little find. It does not feel more than inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

In the first patch of beta, Chrono boost could be used on allied buildings. Let me tell you, chrono boosting an orbital command in process of creation, or getting the terran reapers out faster was insane.

I bring that up because this will probably be something that is also usable. In a likewise note, I hear you can cast spawn larva on your allies hatch.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    In a likewise note, I hear you can cast spawn larva on your allies hatch.
    I love you, Gifted =D

(-AkaiRingo)

In the first patch of beta, Chrono boost could be used on allied buildings. Let me tell you, chrono boosting an orbital command in process of creation, or getting the terran reapers out faster was insane.

I bring that up because this will probably be something that is also usable. In a likewise note, I hear you can cast spawn larva on your allies hatch.
    I remember that. Me and my friend perfected a marine push strat where he basically makes zealots and chrono boosts my marines out. Usually the 5 or 6 zealots were enough of a meat shield to allow the 25 marines I had to do some crazy dps.
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

I do it all the time. Ally goes, "Why?"

I do it all the time. Ally goes, "Why?"
    Lolz. Stupid ally. Pwnage squared!

I remember that! OY! - I think you actually had to CB the Reactor itself, but I remember one game where a P/T team spilled out 25 or so marines in record time - Just one of those things where you say, "Pfff, thats never gonna last."

Is there a good wiki (or anything really) that lists which race units/buildings can interact this way during team games? Be nice to have list of that stuff.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen