View Poll Results: What should Tychus's role in HOTS be?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Non-existent. He's dead, Jim.

72 68.57%
  • Still alive. Jimmy wouldn't be that selfish.

17 16.19%
  • Zergified. This time, it's personal.

27 25.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tychus Findlay in HOTS

Default Re: Tychus Findlay in HOTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    As the Xel'naga created the Zerg and the Protoss, it is just fair to assume that the artefact is actualy a weapon that work just like a "oh shit experiment went wrong" button. Question why they couldn't have destroyed the zerg themselves with powerful devices like that is beyong me tho.

Tassadar ain't a man first. And I wonder why everyone is like HE IS STILL ALIVE. He didn't look that alive to me. He looked more like a spirit, then a spirit that float ain't that over the top. Of course this ain't normal, but it's protoss. As they can interact with each other's mind is already known, the only question remaining is how the heck can the overmind see the future?
    Protoss = High Tech & Psionic =/= Spiritual & Religious. I don't like this about the direction the Protoss are taking in SC2.

As for the artifact, it's probable that they never made one until the Zerg went free, then decided, when there were very little Xel'Naga left due to Zerg exterminating them, to build such a device as a last hope to try and survive against the Zerg or perhaps for other races to eventually use it against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    I like to think that the Dark Voice bragged to the Overmind once it was enslaved. You know, the clichéd 'I have you right where I want you, so I now I shall divulge every minute detail of my plan'. As for how Zeratul didn't learn about it when he first 'melded' with the Overmind, perhaps the Dark Voice did it afterwards.

Flimsy, but it does explain it in my eyes.
    The Overmind assimilated the Xel'Naga's knowledge when it killed them. It knew what they knew, so it's possible that they foresaw this and he just got the info from them.

On the subject of Tychus, I'm just thinking he had quite a deal going on with Mengsk. IE, He does Mengsk's bidding and he's free, gets a load of money, and gets to retire somewhere nice and safe. Like a good deal he could never ever refuse. Tychus may have just been tired of conflict and Raynor and revolution. He may just have pretended to be his old self with Raynor (we all do that with old buddies to an extent) so as to not give out the fact he's changed and that Raynor might not trust him afterwards. If he fails or gets figured out, Mengsk will likely kill him. And even then, I think he knew that if he did his job, Mengsk might just kill him anyway afterwards and didn't want to betray or kill Raynor, which is why he didn't want him to go after Kerrigan. Tychus was lost and likely scared but hid it from other people. He doesn't even rush Raynor to get the artifacts ASAP over other missions.

And if he stayed with Raynor and they took out the suit, it might just kill him still and/or kill everyone near him (IE, mini-nuke). Perhaps then Mengsk would come after Raynor and just kill them all or kill Tychus anyway. Or if he stays with Raynor, he doesn't get money, safety and retirement for life and risks getting killed if Raynor fails. Plus, Raynor HAS betrayed him before, so he might not want to trust him again and be left for dead. He's just not necessarily interested in Raynor's way of life, but he's tagging along because he has no choice. So that goes to prove that there might also be a reason why Tychus doesn't whine or call justice on Raynor for leaving him behind.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    lol, never thought about that. Nice find!

It still is not as explicit as Kerrigan's artwork though.
    HS, dude, I never noticed that either. O_O
    Last edited by Alex06; 12-20-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex06 View Post
    Protoss = High Tech & Psionic =/= Spiritual & Religious. I don't like this about the direction the Protoss are taking in SC2.
    Agreed. Although there's a number of ways that Tassadar COULD have done that without a soul (Leaving a psionic imprint on the Overmind's body, Ascending to a Higher Plane of Existence) it would have worked better without him.

The Overmind assimilated the Xel'Naga's knowledge when it killed them. It knew what they knew, so it's possible that they foresaw this and he just got the info from them.
    True.

HS, dude, I never noticed that either. O_O
    Think I was drunk when I noticed that.
    My reaction was dull surprise, followed by "you mean... that it's actually WORTH going through all the concept art and releases, looking for hidden meanings?"

Not true at all. The Protoss are fiercely religious. There's a reason why their main warriors are called Zealots. And their casters High Templars (derived from the word 'temple' and a reference to the Knights Templar, a religious military order). The Protoss have the Khalai and the Nerazim; two religious groups. Meanwhile, the remaining two races don't even have so much as a named religion between them (certainly not ones that contributes to their racial identities). Moreover, two of the Protoss' major characters have somewhat religious overtones. Tassadar seemed very much like a messiah, especially once he joined with Zeratul, who came off somewhat like a mystic. All this, even in SC1. In addition, Protoss believe that they join the Khala after death (Fenix mentions this before he dies). And if all this is not enough, there's one final bit in that the Protoss recite the name of an honoured dead whenever they say hello or goodbye.

Hence, while Protoss = high tech and psionic, Protoss = spiritual and religious as well.
    Last edited by mr. peasant; 12-20-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Lets make this easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Audie Murphy View Post
    Lets make this easy.

Now that's more consistent with the SC1 head-exploding cinematics, like the intro and the amerigo! Wooop!
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

The Protoss have ALWAYS been dogmatic and highly religious. I think you need a new replay of SC1.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

We never saw Tychus die, I'm pretty sure he will be back for a little bit in Heart of the Swarm.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

He's dead. This thread, unfortunately, just won't die. :P

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

^ Don't think they got the message. We need 9000 more videos like this.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.