Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HotS update at BlizzCon?

Default Re: HotS update at BlizzCon?

yeahhh, db was bogus the second he said
    Tychus is a alive, and duran is a XN, blizz would never ever state those 2 plot points.

There's a vid of a bunker becoming an infested unit, it's just concept that they are working on but it was cool.

I think Duran is an agent of the Dark Voice, i have a hard time thinking he's a XN since they are the complete opposite of what the Hybrids/Dark Voice stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
    Disagree. Firstly, SC and SC2 are different games, made in different times, against different expectations.

Secondly, some people ARE bored already.
    Well, tastes are different, and I didn't even expect from you to like the game, I remember that you were trashtalking SC2 from the Alpha days. I am pretty sure that 90% of other users like it a lot since there are far more option than in BW will ever be.

Also, my whole post was actually referring to the people that plays the game on competitive level. Many pros already changed to SC2 and many of them said that they will do that at one point.

I'm bored already of SC2. The entire game failed to meet my standards.
    Oh wow, now we definitely didn't see that coming...
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    I was gonna question his source and that info, it certainly did some suspect. Since when did Blizz ever release critical spoilers like that?
    Well...Remember when they released the artwork of uninfested Kerrigan before the game even hit beta?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Well...Remember when they released the artwork of uninfested Kerrigan before the game even hit beta?
    That is both an excellent and hilarious point.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

"Before beta" is a bit of an understatement. Wasn't it released the day or or a few days after announcement?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    "Before beta" is a bit of an understatement. Wasn't it released the day or or a few days after announcement?
    Yep, I'm pretty sure it was. Still...artwork leaves room for interpretation and guessing. It's rare for Blizzard to outright mention a spoiler.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    There seems a preponderance of evidence to deny DB's claims, with or without sundrop, however LoA is not so given to flights of fancy, even in his Zeratul-Cryptic post, which implies that at least some of what DB is saying has some merit. We will just have to wait and see.

Side notes: What we do know for certain is Duran is not of the 3 primary races, which Leaves Xel'Naga or something else entirely. 50/50 chances there. This is mentioned in both the BW bonus level and "Twilight", book 3 of Dark templar saga, p 217-218. (paperback edition, unless otherwise noted)

And we also know that Tassadar's "ghost" is some form of possibly ascended Tassadar whose role hints at the prophetic, from LoA quoting the campaign script. The notes on a possible Tassadar/Adun link are in the recent 3 book "Dark Templar Saga", notably the conversations with Zeratul. He notes that it is prophecied that Adun will come again and may have returned once" ("Twighlight", p 137-141 under the story of Anakh Su'n).

Also, this is reference slightly in "The Queen of Blades," when Jimmy asks Zeratul why a protoss could not do both (wield light and dark energies), to which Z responded: only one other has dared walk both paths (paraphrasals). This other, as we learned in this book and "Shadow Hunters" (DTS book 2) is Adun. Thus we could say the two are already linked (twice) and that Blizz is going to flesh this link out.
    You got it mostly correct. What I would add is that the Mobious foundation was actually *SPOILER ALERT* created by Duran himself. That's how Mengsk's son knew about the artifact and its power.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Pretty much. It was the 4th artwork in the site. Likely uploaded in the first time the site seen the light. I know because i had downloaded it before they replaced it.

Anyways, what dustinbowder said is not fact. They said that the guys at artwork were playing with an infested Tychus pic, but it's not sure they're going to use it. It's definitely a possibility, and a quite scary character.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    That's all I was able to pull from the conversations as well. I think DB is high on sundrop.
    ditto. i was at the story Q&A panel, there was no mention about tychus being infested or anything. that's ludicrous and made up. duran is not one the xel'naga. tassadar and adun have some connection but other than that, there was no mention of any story in the next few games.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    Well, tastes are different, and I didn't even expect from you to like the game, I remember that you were trashtalking SC2 from the Alpha days. I am pretty sure that 90% of other users like it a lot since there are far more option than in BW will ever be.
    Actually, back then I was very excited and keen on the game. Seems you talk trash yourself. It was during the end of alpha and the beta that i started getting annoyed, and rightly so. WTF is going on with this game?! seriously.

Also, my whole post was actually referring to the people that plays the game on competitive level. Many pros already changed to SC2 and many of them said that they will do that at one point.

Oh wow, now we definitely didn't see that coming...
    Pfft, they game looks a hell of a lot better, the observer functions are far superior and the major sponsors are all going to SC2 as well. Geez, really hard decision for the pros...seeing as playing games is their job. What would you do? stick it out on principle?