Thread: Mac Player Help

Default Mac Player Help

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out. It is a slightly odd request however it has to do with the Mac failing to patch. Recently I had to re install the game however I had the tomes left over form the 6GB download so I didn't have to reinstall the entire game so phew. However when downloading patch 1.02 I found the torrent hanged on a specific file stopping at around 68%. This is because the updater relies on torrent files and some how it has gone a bit loopy and cannot download the entire file.

Now if anyone here has a Mac version of the game that is currently up to date could they please go to their StarCraftII/Updates/ folder and upload this file "sc2-16389-16561-Uni-OSX-enUS-game" it is a patch file which I really need to get the game running. It does not appear that patch 1.02 has been mirrored anywhere that I can find. That would be a massive help thank you so much. If you are on Europe the enGB is also fine since the patches are identical so if you could upload that that would be great. I remember having this exact issue when I first downloaded the game only for this patch and I somehow found the patch 1.0.2 for mac and updated it manually however this time I cannot do that because I can't find that mirrored patch. So hopefully if I can grab this file it will resolve it...

Default Re: Mac Player Help

I try not to double post but the current situation is I am royally screwed I can't play StarCraft 2 at all. So I can't host tournaments, play ladder or do anything of the sort any more till I resolve this issue

It seems impossible to solve atm as the patch chain is broken so it is impossible for me to update the game to play it from download or retail. And there are no uploads of the updates there are only patch apps which assume you have the previous one and the one that is missing is 1.0.2 I have been trying to fix it for 10 hours (literally) I give up. Until the updates are mirrored by someone or blizzard

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

I suppose you have the US version? If yes here is the patch:
    http://www.bigdownload.com/games/sta...-mac-patch-us/

here is the korean patch: http://www.fileplanet.com/216522/210...1-%28Korean%29

Latest patch is 1.1.1 and I believe they are cumulative.

Have you tried reinstalling the game from very begining?
    Few times I had something similair and reinstalling the game helped.

Yes tried that I believe 7 times now. I always get check sum errors indicating my file is corrupted. I will see if I can get that working but my hopes are low for that solution to actually work Fingers crossed.

Still not working