Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice Chat

Default Voice Chat

Has anyone tried using the built-in voice chat in game yet? Like, to either talk with your opponent, or more importantly, to be able to talk with an ally in 2v2 games?

I haven't messed with it all that much, but whenever I have, my friends and I can't seem to get it to work.

Just an interesting thought, voice chat has lots of positive aspects.

Default Re: Voice Chat

PM KDraconis. He was just using the ingame voice chat on the sclgifted stream.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

There's a couple of problems with the voice chat. When I last used it, I could barely hear Hamshank. Sometimes people can't hear me. And I know it's not my microphone (which is part of my webcam) because the webcam is brand new.

There are some settings in the main menu you can change.

Overall though, I think they try to keep the quality really low so that it doesn't lag the game.

It sounds so awful!

I can't get it to work at all since the last patch. My friend and I were fighting with the settings and it passes all the tests for both of us, but we still can't hear each other. Really annoying.

Unfortunately, when I search tech support most beta testers just say "it sucks, use skype or vent". Not much of a beta test if we just work around the problem. =(

I use skype haha

All i know is there is a annoying bug right now in that it always looks like I have voice chat on even when its turn off the bar raises and falls lol
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

same here, skype is the way right now. No way the voice chat can give decent result, i tried almost an hour...

I've tried using it and my friend said he could hear me fine on it. The only problem I had was that I couldn't hear myself while testing the playback for some reason.

Its very strange, a few friends can hear me perfectly fine in both, some can not hear me mid-game (gets very quiet). I've actually not used it all that much just due to that fact :/