Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will banning players result in nullified losses?

Default Will banning players result in nullified losses?

I was thinking about a game I played last night, and I'll have to check the replay to be sure, but I think I lost to a map hacker. Will Blizzard nullify those losses in the upcoming purges? Not give people the wins, but delete the times they lost to hackers like the games were never played? Is that even possible, or does the info of who you played when disappear?
    The most unfair part about hackers in ladder games isn't that they get easier wins, it's that their opponents get worse win/loss records. In my case I think it was only one game, but it's the principle, not the record.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Will banning players result in nullified losses?

Pretty sure it's possible. There's a record of all your matches and how many points you gained from them in your b.net match history.

If it can be done algorithmically then sure, Blizzard will never wade through the stats manually; hackers will (presumably) be winning more than they are losing, so the rest of the league shouldn't change that much. It might annoy some people who never faced a hacker however, to see their ranking drop as people's lost points vs hackers are restored to them.

But statistically, nobody should have many games against hackers, so it seems like an useless effort. I mean, unless there are so many hackers that you have enough games against them to make some difference in your rank.

Briggs's Avatar Junior Member

Depending on the number of hackers there actually are, which giving the current crop of videos people are posting one could deduce the number is significant enough to cause a change of stats for many players.

Life is NOT a privilege, it is NOT a right, it is a pleasure,..Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
    Depending on the number of hackers there actually are, which giving the current crop of videos people are posting one could deduce the number is significant enough to cause a change of stats for many players.
    maybe in bronze league yea

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Hmmm, now that I think about it: I did have this game on Desert Oasis where a Zerg ran a bunch of Zerglings past my units and straight for my building expansion (and killed it) which he never scouted. I had just assumed the Zerglings themselves were a scout but maybe not.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Hmmm, now that I think about it: I did have this game on Desert Oasis where a Zerg ran a bunch of Zerglings past my units and straight for my building expansion (and killed it) which he never scouted. I had just assumed the Zerglings themselves were a scout but maybe not.
    That doesn't mean the guy was maphacking. Plenty of times I go right for somebody's expansion when I have a feeling that they might be expanding at that point in time. Sometimes I happen to be right, and I kill the expansion without having scouted there before.

"I am part of that power that eternally wills evil and eternally works good."
    - Mephistopheles (Goethe's Faust)

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I know it doesn't. But, it was a fast expand. Quite a lucky guess

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    That doesn't mean the guy was maphacking. Plenty of times I go right for somebody's expansion when I have a feeling that they might be expanding at that point in time. Sometimes I happen to be right, and I kill the expansion without having scouted there before.
    Yeah, it seems to me like they just sent the Lings to the expansions to see if there was something there. The main has a small ramp anyways, and is normally difficult to get past it, so what's the harm to scout with the Zerglings, and level the expansion if there's one?