Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brood Lord Model

Default Brood Lord Model

I think that the old Brood Lord model (old name was Swarm Gaurdian) is a much better and more intimidating model than the current Brood Lord model. Does anyone agree?

Old Brood Lord model (old name was Swarm Gaurdian):
    still:
    screenshot:
    screenshot:
    action: (begins at 2:40) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUYgJOehjU

New Brood Lord model
    still:
    action:

sidebyside:

Corrupter (since we were talking about the Swarm Gaurdian evolving from it)
    still:

SC Gaurdian model (just for laughs and giggles):
    action:
    cinematic 1:
    cinematic 2:
    profile:
    wireframe:

To be clear i'm talking just about models not stats or abilites.

Default Re: Brood Lord Model

This is an old debate. I think the Brood Lord should look more like the Corruptor if its going to morph from one, but its too late for that now.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    This is an old debate. I think the Brood Lord should look more like the Corruptor if its going to morph from one, but its too late for that now.
    did u not like how the muta evolved into the guardian as well? or how the baneling looks nothing like a zergling? or are u just being a little biased lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinX View Post
    did u not like how the muta evolved into the guardian as well? or how the baneling looks nothing like a zergling? or are u just being a little biased lol.
    In fact, no, I didn't like them. But again, I don't have control over such things. Hell, NO ONE likes the Carrier model and Blizzard kept it. They barely care how we feel.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

In fact, no, I didn't like them. But again, I don't have control over such things. Hell, NO ONE likes the Carrier model and Blizzard kept it. They barely care how we feel.
    i never really liked carriers anyways, i liked the darker colors of the tempest but shiruken idea was dumb...

Truly? I rather enjoy the Carrier model. Its really interesting some things I take for granted (like i think the general concensus is that the carrier model is cool) isn't correct. I suppose I needlisten to the community more.

I actually prefer the current Swarm Guardian model over the old, caterpillar-esque one. I also like the current carrier although I always thought certain things could be adjusted, but that never happened...

I prefer the current model of the BL. The old one seems like it can hide too much under it. I was never a fan of it, anyways.

The current Carrier model sucks, but Blizzard didn't listened.

I certainly won't rush to buy HotS, as things stand right now. Too bad they force you to buy it to be able to play the Protoss campaign.

This should have been discussed during development, not after the game was released. It's pointless to discuss it now.

Again this thread, but I agree. IN WHOLE GAME, there isn't anything more disappointing than the current Brood Lord model... It is like giant Manta Ray and is disgusting...
    "Living for the Swarm!"