Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some single player commentary

guru's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Some single player commentary

Use nukes in the supernova mission. The whole campaign is so darn easy on normal. I don't why you wanna play it on diff levels above "normal". If you want a challenge go play 1v1. Killing buffed units on brutal is not a feat of strength IMO. I fight players in ladder and I see they have Sarrah portrait which obviously means campaign mastery on brutal and they just loose badly. No macro, poor decision making. So I dont think brutal is a challenge it is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    I've been muscling through on hard, and have to admit, the colonist 'convoy' level was tough for me - So far, I've had to restart that level the most times - But then, right after that, I pretty much tore through the 'zombie' and 'artifact' levels.

....then again, I've always had trouble with, "Save X amount of colonists/villagers before the enemy kills them" type missions

Ironically, I had more troubles with the Zero Hour mission (Mar Sara) than The Evacuation (Agria) and Outbrake (Meinhoff)...

I've been muscling through on hard, and have to admit, the colonist 'convoy' level was tough for me - So far, I've had to restart that level the most times - But then, right after that, I pretty much tore through the 'zombie' and 'artifact' levels.

....then again, I've always had trouble with, "Save X amount of colonists/villagers before the enemy kills them" type missions

Yeah, those type of levels give me fits too. I had to restart Agria twice. The 1st was by choice to try to save all the colonists. The second was forced because I lost a transport.

The other type of level that gets to me are the types where you have a set number of starting units with no base, kinda like Installation levels for example, because micro is my weakness.

On levels with a base, I struggle at times when I get hit early and often because, while I have good overall macro, my slow economic starts tend to keep me from true greatness, regardless of my race. If I survive the first couple reasonably well off, i.e. with economy mostly intact, I will be in good standing the rest of the way. This hitch is also my big multiplayer flaw.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    The other type of level that gets to me are the types where you have a set number of starting units with no base, kinda like Installation levels for example, because micro is my weakness.

On levels with a base, I struggle at times when I get hit early and often because, while I have good overall macro, my slow economic starts tend to keep me from true greatness, regardless of my race. If I survive the first couple reasonably well off, i.e. with economy mostly intact, I will be in good standing the rest of the way. This hitch is also my big multiplayer flaw.
    Yeah, not a fan of the installation levels myself - There's always some point where you're sitting around waiting for some critical magic user to recharge or some such.

Yeah, thats the thing about the base missions - all the challenge seems to be in the first 5-10 mins - once you have some cash, it's done. - I'd probably like to see more, "expand or die" approaches to the design of the base missions.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Yeah, not a fan of the installation levels myself - There's always some point where you're sitting around waiting for some critical magic user to recharge or some such.

Yeah, thats the thing about the base missions - all the challenge seems to be in the first 5-10 mins - once you have some cash, it's done. - I'd probably like to see more, "expand or die" approaches to the design of the base missions.
    Play on Brutal. /shrug

At least in Wings of Liberty, there was only ever one installation mission with an recharging unit (Belly of the Beast), and said unit recharged energy super fast.

Unlike in StarCraft I, you can modify a unit's energy regen rate. Same with Warcraft III.

(Anyone who played the optional orc campaign would find their healer hero does not run out of energy. The cooldown, however, was a pain.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Use nukes in the supernova mission. The whole campaign is so darn easy on normal. I don't why you wanna play it on diff levels above "normal". If you want a challenge go play 1v1. Killing buffed units on brutal is not a feat of strength IMO. I fight players in ladder and I see they have Sarrah portrait which obviously means campaign mastery on brutal and they just loose badly. No macro, poor decision making. So I dont think brutal is a challenge it is a waste of time

Meet my friend, fun. You two should get to know each other.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.