Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gretorp's TvT early pressure

Default Gretorp's TvT early pressure

Hey there,

I've watched day9's dayly #171 with Gretorp v Fenix and it interested me. Maybe someone can help me find replay and build order? I really want to take a closer and detailed look on it.
    What he does is that he goes for really fast banshee and push out with 3-4 marines, hellion and a banshee and then transiotions into viking marauder army and performs a lot of drops against immobile siege tank army.

Siraz's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Gretorp's TvT early pressure

Its something like this:

10 supply
    11 refinery
    13 rax
    16-17 factory
    starport at 100 gas build a tech lab on factory or barrack to switch with starport.

It is basically a fast gas build

diddlydo's Avatar Junior Member

It is incredibly difficult to pull off. I have tried to do it about three times so far, and have failed three times.

Yea, def requires quite a bit of APM, especially with all the dropping, constant movement.

i dont think you should disguard certain strategies becasue you deem them too microintensive or whatever; if you can make the basic idea work, then its worth to consdier doing it; if its hard for you to implement, it will often times be just as hard or even harder for your opnent to stop.

... momentum initiative and aggression are important aspects of this game, and that can be true on lower levels of play too.

.. i dont ahve anyhting to say about this aprticular build though. not yet.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

diddlydo's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    i dont think you should disguard certain strategies becasue you deem them too microintensive or whatever; if you can make the basic idea work, then its worth to consdier doing it; if its hard for you to implement, it will often times be just as hard or even harder for your opnent to stop.

... momentum initiative and aggression are important aspects of this game, and that can be true on lower levels of play too.

.. i dont ahve anyhting to say about this aprticular build though. not yet.
    Oh im not discarding it by any means in fact im still working on it. I really like this build, I was just commenting on how hard it is to pull off.

I don't get how this can work. By the time you have a banshee, I can have a siege tank+Viking.

Siege tank > Hellion/Marines
    Viking > Banshee

I don't get this...or I will just 2rax bunker marine rush...
    Replay anyone? I honestly don't feel like deviating out of siegetanks/vikings in TvT.
    I've won numerous battles where the other T tried to deviate. The sheer macro'ness of Mass Vikings/Tanks is a bit too much for anything. Or a simple marine rush.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

this siege and viking thing is just boring, that's why I'm trying to find out something new. Sure, it can almost guarantee you a win if you control the air and the other player cant keep up with you in the viking count. I'm practicing with my friend and he's way to good for me so far, so classic "who builds more vikings wins" TvT is pretty one sided.

Lesh, I'm like you- I don't go Tank Viking, I play mostly play bio in TvT with drops etc.

Back with all gun's blazing.

well, turned out that if it's scouted one bunker solves your problem. But still sometimes it's pretty handy