Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burrowed Roaches Rush?

Default Re: Burrowed Roaches Rush?

Losing to this is probably what kept me from being placed in gold as opposed to silver (which kinda sucks because I think I belonged in gold right off the bat, but oh well). I was going to get an early observer in that game, too, but then I remembered that lurkers didn't exist anymore, so I decided against it. Now though, I usually have a forge built pretty early against zerg for that +1 attack upgrade that drastically diminishes the lifespan of zerglings. If I see less zerglings and more roaches though, then it's time for robo anyway.

Not to discourage you from trying this though. There's no telling how successful this could be and I know that I, for one, can't say that I couldn't have lost to this since then or won't ever lose to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    You didn't see this since Beta!?!?
    http://sc2casts.com/cast603-VAxunyoG...tarcraft-Match Played few days ago, JulyZerg crushed Protoss with that start. Not that Protoss was great, but still, it is pretty much good strategy, even with Detectors, Roaches with Burrow can travel under Force Fields, which makes it great!
    Really? I had no idea roaches could crawl under FFs. That's terrifying.

Default Re: Burrowed Roaches Rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Salts View Post
    Really? I had no idea roaches could crawl under FFs. That's terrifying.
    Yeah they could in the beta, then the removed it. And then again, after few patches, they figured out that Zerg don't have answer to mass Force Fields(which in my opinion are still one of the most broken things in the game...) in the early/mid game, so they had to revert that change.

Also, watching GSL these days, almost all Korean Zerg players do this vs. Protoss players. They really like Roach Burrow play and it is rewarding in a lot of situations!
    Last edited by RamiZ; 09-15-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"