Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it?

Default Don't you hate it?

Maybe I am somewhat alone in this, but dont you hate it when you get that feeling that something is about to happen and that you should get something... but you shrug it off then that something happens?

I just finished a PvP and things were going smoothly, then I had this nagging feeling that I should get detection for DT's. I shrug it off a bit, but still send a scouting probe anyway. It gets to his base and dies immediately to some stalkers and zealots, so things seem fairly normal, but that feeling is still there. That strange feeling that something is just.... not quite right. Then, about a minute later I see it. Those ever so subtle ripples. Gliding their way towards my expansion.

I think.... crap. I know that I lost my expansion, and unluckily enough my sentry is back with the rest of my units taking out the destructible rocks (its delta quadrant) so I cant FF my ramp. I throw down a forge instead, hoping I can get some cannons up in time. 2 of his DT's take out my expansion and 1 of them is sent into my main. Probes running around trying to delay, the forge finishes. Cannons go down and I use my probes to get in the way of the DT, they are falling fast. I force field to protect the cannons that will give me detection and he turns his DT's onto the nexus.

The cannons are warping in just as the nexus falls... and I have nothing left =[

All because I didnt listen to that nagging feeling. And I hate it.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Default Re: Don't you hate it?

I sure do hate it.

I've listened to that nagging feeling. And I've lot because of it. I've also won.

Game sense is important imo, but nothing beats facts. I always like to scout my enemy properly. That includes sacrificing workers, phoenixes ( It happens in rare cases ), and building lots of observers.

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

This game has been pissing me off lately, especially when I lose for stupid reasons while I'm clearly better than the other player. Just yesterday I dominated some guy that had half my apm all game, and then at the end he won a major battle with a less-resource army for no apparent reason.

well Gradius it might be because you engaged in an unfavorable position or he had a good unit mixture or he just had counters to your army. Watch the replay with tabs like army size and also minerals lost.
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    This game has been pissing me off lately, especially when I lose for stupid reasons while I'm clearly better than the other player.
    Oh yeah, I get that feeling all the time.
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    This game has been pissing me off lately, especially when I lose for stupid reasons while I'm clearly better than the other player. Just yesterday I dominated some guy that had half my apm all game, and then at the end he won a major battle with a less-resource army for no apparent reason.
    I'm going to guess he was using Marauders. Just a hunch.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

:s i think protoss should usually get 1 obs at all times anyways, seems like its all ur fault lol, shoulda listened to ur gut. with the way it sounds, this is quite early game and he only had 3-4 DTs raiding you.... if u couldnt stop it why didnt u mass ur entire army into his bases? if he tech'd up ur army should be bigger than his.

I'm with MajinX. 4 Gate Robo is standard for a reason. You don't need to be pumping Immortals and Colossi from that Robo. Its the Observers and Warp-Prisms that count.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

PvP is just weird when it comes to DTs. Like if you send your one observer to scout DTs could already be in your base, so it's like you have to make two - one for being in your base and one for scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    Oh yeah, I get that feeling all the time.
    I don't mean that in an arrogant way - I mean it in a "I have better economy & multitasking" way, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I'm going to guess he was using Marauders. Just a hunch.
    Nah. Marauders don't give me trouble any more. It was a PvP though. Can't figure out what kind of unit composition I should be going for here - whether I should use Chargelots, as they're one of the most efficient ground units, or use Stalker/Sentry to kite/trap stuff. My hunch is:
    1 Base = Stalkers/Chargelots
    2 Bases = Stalkers/Sentries/Immortals only or transition into colossi.

Most PvP is just a bunch of one-basing. Need to figure out this matchup.

Maybe you're psychic