Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armored attribute needs to be removed

Default Armored attribute needs to be removed

From a few units:

Supply depot / overlord / pylon

All research buildings (so all research buildings, Spawning pool, hydralisk den etc, that means tech labs and reactors as well)

All command center / nexus / hatchery

(Planetary fortress gets the armored tag)

What this does is stop a few marauders from sniping that supply depot wallin with 1 hit, marauders from sniping out nexus / hatcheries almost without response and marauders sniping out research buildings.

Removing overlord armored will also reduce viking harass effectiveness.

In total, Zerg get a boost in this case since their research buildings are so key to production and overlords don't get sniped by vikings left right and center.

Also nerfs Marauders a bit on base raids but keeps their effectiveness in combat.
    Last edited by Wankey; 09-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: Armored attribute needs to be removed

I don't get your constant "this NEEDS to be changed" threads.
    Why make viking harass less viable? It's perfectly fine as it is.

Do you wall-in in TvT?

Why does the game NEED these changes? If anything, proxy pylons are too big of an issue right now.

Sounds like you've tried your hand at Zerg again.

Personally I wouldn't mind having the armored tag simply removed from buildings. Let them keep the Structure tag and have units with a bonus against them, like Reapers, so the Marauder doesn't overshadow them at everything.

@ DemoSquid

Reapers and Marauders are pretty distant. Have you seen how effective 5 rax reaper is? and reapers are much better at sniping tech. Just 5 or so reapers can hop a cliff and snipe roach warrens etc.
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

And tell me... how often to those players using 5RR keep building Reapers or tech to something else, compared to insta-switching to Marauders who are a more solid unit all around? Reapers have their use, but Marauders overshadow them in every way. You don't see Reaper balls 20 minutes into the game for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    I don't get your constant "this NEEDS to be changed" threads.
    Why make viking harass less viable? It's perfectly fine as it is.

Do you wall-in in TvT?

Why does the game NEED these changes? If anything, proxy pylons are too big of an issue right now.

Sounds like you've tried your hand at Zerg again.
    I don't get your attitude. Proxy pylons are too big of an issue!??!?!!

Lawl, you're funny. Actually I've been owning people with my MMM ball and finding it stupidly easy to win 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by minerals View Post
    @ DemoSquid

Reapers and Marauders are pretty distant. Have you seen how effective 5 rax reaper is? and reapers are much better at sniping tech. Just 5 or so reapers can hop a cliff and snipe roach warrens etc.
    Yes... I'm going to keep 12 reapers around mid-late game...and expect a protoss/zerg player to have not used observers and creep to see the whole map around their perimeter.

And yes conviently all the bases are accessible.
    Way too many assumptions, and Reapers are strong as plastic toy soldiers up against anything past Tier 1.5

8-12 Marauders + Medivacs + Stim = Ownage.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    What this does is stop a few marauders from sniping that supply depot wallin with 1 hit, marauders from sniping out nexus / hatcheries almost without response and marauders sniping out research buildings.
    Call me ignorant but if the opponent manages to kill my research buildings with Marauders:

A - I'm an idiot for not defending my base properly, so I deserve the loss
    B - A group of Marauders that can kill my research building is either too large for it to be called "sniping", or if its a smaller group, I'm once again an idiot for letting them do it.

Zerg get a boost in this case since their research buildings are so key to production
    I don't quite understand this. Yes, if Zerg loses their Hydra Den they can't make Hydras anymore, just as Terrans can't make Marauders if they lose their Tech Lab and Protoss loses Stalkers if their Cy Core is blasted.

Now, maybe make some of the Zerg buildings have higher-HP since their HP is much lower than their counterparts (Spire/Starport/Stargate for example), but overall I don't see how the importance of such buildings is greater compared to the other races.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 09-02-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    I don't get your attitude. Proxy pylons are too big of an issue!??!?!!

Lawl, you're funny. Actually I've been owning people with my MMM ball and finding it stupidly easy to win 1v1
    You have to understand that 10 games in low gold aren't enough to get a sense of the game. I'm not saying you need to be WhiteRa to understand the game, but it does take a bit more analysis then you seem to have put in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do so by elaborating on your ideas for a change.
    You frequently say what the game NEEDS, but don't seem to consider the impact the changes might have.
    Whether buildings remain armored or not is irrelevant to me, but complaining about viking AtA versus overlords is a bit silly.
    Overlords are not what's wrong with the matchups.

If you're owning with MMM balls, then that's good, you'll rank up, but I hardly think you won those few games because you're running in and sniping buildings.

Marauders demolishes Armored stuff. That doesn't means that the buildings don't need to be Armored, just that giving a unit that costs the same than a hotdog and a coke a 10 +10 vs Armored attack and Stim on top of it, is probably too good.