Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One suggestion for balance

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default One suggestion for balance

Increase the damn Motherships hp and shields
    it's almost useless

I mean wth, I teched like few times to it and despite the big recall aoe it's really too slow and too weak to stand a chance even with some support, I know I shouldn't leave my MS alone yet it should feel like the ultimate weapon of war
    Last edited by spychi; 08-31-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Default Re: One suggestion for balance

Indeed, I would rather reduce the use of the mothership's ability's (if actaully needed) and increase it's combat value.

YogSothoth's Avatar Junior Member

Maybe. But I think buffing the mothership's combat value could make it truly unstoppable if you rush to it.

It's stupid that it's always so slow. If needed, implemente a siege-tank-like mechanic, were the unit is in fast-move mode but cannot cast, and needs to change to sluggish-useless-move mode (the current one) to cast. Changing modes should take some time.

And IMHO, it should be able to cast more. I don't really care about it's attack value, but it must be fast and resistant enough to be able to cast more than one time before dying. What's the point of limiting the unit to one, if it's going to cast one spell in the whole damn game? I mean, as it's now, you're paying 400m 400g to cast 1 Vortex.

My signature resumes everything.

I think the whole point of it is a defensive unit....i.e. to recall your units in a bad situation and have base cloaking....

Cause I sure as hell want my parked siege tanks to fly too....

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

I think we need to wait for the meta game to evolve for this. In a month or two blizz will prob patch it. I think.....
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

Flipluck's Avatar Junior Member

I agree with Minerals, we have to wait for the game to evolve to really see the motherships potential. But i dont think a increase in hp and shield will really help. If they increase speed or a new ability upgrade would help.

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    I think the whole point of it is a defensive unit....i.e. to recall your units in a bad situation and have base cloaking....
    That's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Cause I sure as hell want my parked siege tanks to fly too....
    Limit it to one, and there's no problem.

lol I wish you could siege mother ship!
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

The Mothership is so useless. Its on the same tech tree as the carrier and it is not even compatible with the carrier. All vortex does is absorb all your interceptors. Recall isn't even good at all since the Mothership is so slow nobody would want to move it across the whole map just to insta teleport. The arbiter is by far better than the mother ship because statis field is friendly fire and it is also fast and the recall of arbiter was used for quick reinforcements.
    ~KyranX