Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys think Blizzard will introduce Zerg lore characters?

Default Re: How do you guys think Blizzard will introduce Zerg lore characters?

I'd like to point out that there is precedence for the Cerebrate becoming a real character. IIRC, it has been established that Matt Horner was The Magistrate, and that Artanis was the Executor in SC. No clue about who we were in BW, though.

Tenebrae's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarsco View Post
    I'd like to point out that there is precedence for the Cerebrate becoming a real character. IIRC, it has been established that Matt Horner was The Magistrate, and that Artanis was the Executor in SC. No clue about who we were in BW, though.
    The Overmind, and then Kerrigan, addressing us as Cerebrate wasn't enough for you?

>.>

Kidding of course, and yes...it does seem likely with that in mind.

"There's a fine line between reality and fantasy, but a far finer line exists between sanity and insanity." -Tenebrae

Actually, Matt Horner is not the Magistrate. Their histories don't match up. For starters, the Magistrate was serving on Mar Sara when the Zerg first showed up and joined the Sons of Korhal after their rescue. Meanwhile, Horner was already with the Sons of Korhal at the time and even participated in the evacuation mission. Also, I think Raynor even talks about the Magistrate at one point in SC2, referring to him as 'the magistrate' as opposed to 'Matt'.

yeah i agree, i don't remember anything connecting Horner to the magistrate from either sc1 or BW. it seems right now (and you can verify matt's history on the sc2 community site) that Horner has a separate history that shows how he went from confederacy to dominion to son of korhal to raynor's raiders, but he never had that level of authority.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Intelligent and speaking zergs is a nice idea, look at the custom SC1 campaign called resurgence. I hope they bring new characters, but I want the return of....Torrasque!!
    I'm sure many people loved that giant semi-immortal ultralisk, with the power of reicarnate itself everytime it was killed

Quote Originally Posted by Articorse View Post
    There are many, MANY possible options how the campaign could play out. We still know nothing, so guessing is pretty pointless. Here're a few examples of how things might play out:

A) Kerrigan, no longer having a zerg mindset, might dislike the idea that the species she is solely responsible for are just stupid animals, that do whatever she tells them, so she might actually make them mutate to make them smarter and more independant. Or at least make a specific species of Zerg be smarter, like for example the new queens.

B) Considering Raynor saved her and is obviously bringing her on board the Hyperion, there is the chance that it might be her base of operations, at least for a time. Maybe she'll be given a cargo bay to turn into a mini-hive.

C) Even if she doesn't stay on the Hyperion, it's more than likely that Raynor will stay with her, even if it is in a Hive. And I doubt Horner, Swann and Stetman would just leave their boss alone there.

D) I think it's most likely that it'll be a combination of the two. Meaning, Kerrigan stays either on a Leviathan, or in a Hive, but the Hyperion is always close by, so she can communicate with the people there. Also, the queens will probably become smarter and more independant, as well.

All in all, I think there're quite e few ways things can turn up that will give us characters and even comic relief. Thing is, we can't know yet, at least not until they release SOME information about how HotS will play out.
    LOL. Dude, I like the option B, giving her a cargo bay to build up a HIVE, and Hyperion would be too heavy to fly anywhere haha...

I think Hyperion might land somewhere, maybe even land at Valarian's Base, considering they joined fight with Raynor in the battle of Char. Anyways, it's not likely that Raynor would let Kerrigan go again and would stay with her and help her as much as he can, even if it means that Raynor might have to leave his Hyperion. We will see about that. For now, I am interested in how his crew would react to the fact that their commander saved Kerrigan rather than killed her.

Well, jumping in here, I went back through the video of the 2007 lore panel (Cause I'm doing a video review), and Metzen and Andy did say that there are some really good twists and turns in the Zerg campaign. Though how you define good is dependent on how you liked what they did in WOL

Tenebrae's Avatar Junior Member

I'm really starting to think that I may be right about Kerrigan.

"There's a fine line between reality and fantasy, but a far finer line exists between sanity and insanity." -Tenebrae

I think she will interact with Terran and Protoss characters. Now Zeratul will be willing to make her as powerful as possible to take over the Swarm, that is likely to be in control of the Hybrids, so i think we're going to see a lot of ZvZ. Of course, Raynor has problems with the Tal'Darim and the Dominion, so that alone allows some varied matchups to be introduced.

At some point, she will need to step into a Zerg cluster again, and it's still unknown if she has some kind of subordinates, like the Cerebrates were for the Overmind.
    Last edited by Norfindel; 08-30-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    Actually, Matt Horner is not the Magistrate. Their histories don't match up. For starters, the Magistrate was serving on Mar Sara when the Zerg first showed up and joined the Sons of Korhal after their rescue. Meanwhile, Horner was already with the Sons of Korhal at the time and even participated in the evacuation mission. Also, I think Raynor even talks about the Magistrate at one point in SC2, referring to him as 'the magistrate' as opposed to 'Matt'.
    I don't remember the Magistrate being mentioned in SC2 at all. I sadly don't have a link, but I thought it was inferred in one of the novels then confirmed on a lore panel somewhere. It would also make sense with Matt's clothing and discipline that he had served as a Confederate officer.