Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Roaches tougher when burrowed?

Default Are Roaches tougher when burrowed?

Sorry if this has already been talked about, but it's been bugging me for a while, and so I finally decided to ask . I did a search in the two BR3 threads and this topic didn't seem to come up, so sorry if I missed something.

At 7:26 in Battle Report 3, we can see that the Roach has 100 hp, which is what we're used to seeing in earlier BRs, but then its hp suddenly drops to 90, which coincides with the time it unburrows.

I checked the Roach's SC wiki page, but I couldn't find any information on this (it does state that the Roach has 100 hp, but references the earlier battle reports).

Default Re: Are Roaches tougher when burrowed?

Hu that's new. My guess is that it's a glitch... I haven't heard about this at all.

It is outdated anyway, BR3 is played in the time BR2 came out, btw now Roaches are Tier 2, so they are probably even Stronger! I hope so
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I think that was also a bug. When it burrowed it got 100hp. But when it unborrowed it got it's 90hp back.

Ehn, it makes sense, though. I wouldn't be opposed if they did this with all Zerg ground units

The only thing that might worry me would be how much extra health the Ultralisk might get.

viperjo's Avatar Junior Member

I believe it was indeed a mistake. Unless i've missed an update burrowing gives no sort of bonus to HP or survivability beyond being hidden.

btw now Roaches are Tier 2
    Says who? When has Blizzard stated this?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Roaches comes after Lair, see the tech tree!

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

Yeah some blue confirmed it at some point too. Hydra back down to 1.5 and roaches up to 2. It's a pretty interesting choice imo, and a very... SC:BW sort of choice

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Says who? When has Blizzard stated this?
    Huh, dont belive that you missed that.
    "Living for the Swarm!"