Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: SCLegacy SC2Ranks Division Discussion

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: SCLegacy SC2Ranks Division Discussion

Woot! 72 hours and 30 or so games and not a single drop.

I do believe the 1.1 patch fixed the issue for me Now, I can get back to 1v1 laddering.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

gah, should ditch the 3v3/4v4s and start laddering -.- but multiplayer is so fun

bad night tonight.. lost a lot, but thankfully I still got to 1600 for now. Hopefully next time I will actually win games I should of won..

Did beat CellaWerra though, who was in ro64 of the GSL?? =]

3 Zerg are on top of EU: that's badass!

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Any of you Protoss players have some favorite PvP strats besides robo wars? I seem to be on a serious slump in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Any of you Protoss players have some favorite PvP strats besides robo wars? I seem to be on a serious slump in this matchup.
    I had a crazy guy beat me yesterday doing something slightly lame.. He did 2gateway with 2 cannons on his ramp (steppes) and while he did that, he also was massing voidrays. So even tho i had mass units, i couldnt break his ramp because of the cannons and once he had like 6 voidrays + mass zeals.. he moved out. It dominated my army as expected, quite annoying but im sure maybe I could of delt with it better if I expoed instead of trying to break up his ramp (i didnt know the voids were there until I was pushing though, due to the cannons stopping my observer)

its viable I guess.. just less likely to work higher up unless someones not expecting it like me =[

Sounds like an interesting strategy. Replay perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    *Does not work on smaller maps.
    **Sorry for the very bad formatting on the text, kind of in a rush.
    Gateways, lots of zealots/stalkers/high templar.
    + sentri at start.
    Lots of uppgrades. Charge and blink is needed. Lots of expansions and map controll you are still going to need that robotic bay for warp prism and observers.

Stalkers to take out collosi, zealots to take out everything else. High templars on his army (his whole army) Lots of attack,retreat here and spamming of warpgates. Never fight on your side of the base. Warp in high templars and destroy his probes, alternatly make him split up his army with blink stalkers.

When in latelate where collosi get dominant or if he got alot of immortals turn some high templars into archon to tank the collosi/immortals and kill those zealots. You will build stalkers / archons /zealots faster then he can produce collosi + immortal.

This is a heavy micro / map controll / harrasing oriented build to make you ahead in macro aswell since it problary will not be cost effective.
    *Never let him get more then 3-4 collosi at once then you must try to do a snipe attack on them. Aslong as it is on his side of the map and you got enough warpgates to refresh your army if it will be a suicide attack.

I have been inactive that is my excuse for being 58th!

I'm still getting drops That's my excuse The drops seem to be related to my anti-P2P program PeerBlock. I disable it (which used to be fine) but it still seems to block some communications. Uninstalling it doesn't help. I need a reformat anyways so I think I'll do that soon. Hopefully, then I'll be able to get back up to 900-950.