Thread: Squid-pheonixes and Zeratul's visions

Default Squid-pheonixes and Zeratul's visions

I just noticed that Zeratul got to that faraway planet via the void seeker.

Wasn't it mentioned in the dark templar saga that he waltzed through a portal made by a huge gathering of xel'naga squid-pheonixes?

Might we see another xel'naga temple mission where another one of these things hatches?

Default Re: Squid-pheonixes and Zeratul's visions

Quote Originally Posted by whoisblizz View Post
    I just noticed that Zeratul got to that faraway planet via the void seeker.

Wasn't it mentioned in the dark templar saga that he waltzed through a portal made by a huge gathering of xel'naga squid-pheonixes?
    Yes.

Might we see another xel'naga temple mission where another one of these things hatches?
    Probably not. I got the impression all temples of that type have now hatched. It wasn't that a "final" temple hatched, but that those creatures sacrificed themselves to create a portal. I don't think there's any use for them anymore.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

The creative department probably "forgot" about this subplot. I'm having a hard time to reconcile any of the Xel'Naga history/information we've been fed from all the different lore sources. For instance, what happened when the Overmind assimilated them? At what point were the prophecy, artifacts, and the Shakuras temple made?

Presumably all those occurred before the xel'naga were wiped out, although the giant bug zapper on Shakuras seems a little suspicious.

And no, I doubt they forgot the subplot. It'll probably play an important role in Legacy of the Void. IMO. The Dark Templar Saga was written at the same time as the plot of Wings of Liberty, after all.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Tenebrae's Avatar Junior Member

@ Kimera757:

I thought it said that they made the rift and then went in, not that they sacrificed themselves to create such...?

"There's a fine line between reality and fantasy, but a far finer line exists between sanity and insanity." -Tenebrae

They vanished as the portal was being made. Those huge glowing beings weren't seen going into the portal.

infernal's Avatar Junior Member

taken right from the fantastic end of chapter 20 in the last dark templar saga book page 282-283 this is written "zeratul saw dozens-perhaps hundreds of the luminous vaguely-aquatic, wholly mysterious creatures swirling and dancing and diving together. for a long time, this glowing ritual was enacted, and Zeratul simply watched. he enjoyed the feeling of humility that rose in himas he witnessed this spectacle. he knew that if he survived what Zamara feared was coming he would enjoy the feeling again.

abruptly, as if from an unheard signal,they all became very still. Zeratul waited, watching and then more swiftly than his vision could even register, they began to whirl. faster and faster they flew until they became a blur of glowing movement, growing brighter and brighter still until the dark templar was forced to narrow his eyes and then finnaly shield them. a blast of light made him jerk with pain and he closed his eyes for a moment. cautiously he opened them. the energy creatures where gone. in their place was a hole in the very fabric of space-a tunnel,a wormhole, outlined in shining lights, its center dark and mysterious and beckoning with the exception of a single world(planet),barley glimpsed, waiting on the other side"

the final part says that he goes in and knows that the outcome of the discovery he will make there whatever it is will change every thing.

it may seems that the energy creatures from the temples became the portal or just opened it and went in and zeratul followed right before it closed.

and it also remains to be known wich planet he went to

might this be the xel naga home world? hidded among the stars in the same galaxy or a completely different one. and what did zeratul discover there apart form that the xel naga is returning.

and he also states that he feels he might witness this phenomena again beacuse of the knoweldege gathered from zamara. hope that blizzard will shed more light on all of this during the hearth of the swarm cant hold out until the legacy of the void
    Last edited by infernal; 08-29-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    The INFERNALelf is coming for ya

no prisoners will be taken.

char code 330

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

Tenebrae's Avatar Junior Member

Hmm...

So it's possible they could still exist...or could have become the portal? It would really be a waste of all that power for them to have been nothing more than a means of creating a portal to that world...

*Chuckles*

Just seems like a very inefficient means to create a wormhole...but who knows, might have took that to bridge between such a vast distance? I don't know, I'm still banking on them being alive...and just exceedingly fast in movement when they so choose.

"There's a fine line between reality and fantasy, but a far finer line exists between sanity and insanity." -Tenebrae