Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What units need balance changes?

Default Re: What units need balance changes?

Actually, this game I've realized is incredibly balanced. You just have to learn how to play and scout more often.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPineApple View Post
    Zerg vs Terran: Mech play vs Zerg needs serious attention. I cannot play Terran for the life of me. I suck horribly as a Terran player. I was able to nearly slaughter my friend who is a plat. Zerg player. This is something that needs to be looked into
    THANK YOU.

Seriously, having now played from Bronze league to Gold, I have noticed the following.

1) Bronze league is ALL Zerg, with a few Protoss. I was shocked to see no Terran. I slaughtered everyone.

2) Silver League is mostly Terran. I saw some Protoss in there, but virtually I'm the only Zerg player. Almost every loss I have suffered has been to the Terran, with the expection of 2.

3) There are no Zerg in Gold, its all Terran. You die every time.

The Terran are a disgrace of balancing. The ability of Reapers to kite/insta-kill buildings is disgraceful, it should be researched to give them that bomb thing against buildings. The Marauder is death incarnate with the Punisher grenade that slays armored units, meaning Zerglings, Banelings, Ultras, and Roaches are out. Leaves you with Hydras, which are now immensely overpriced and cost 2 food. Thor's eviscerate Mutalisks (but who really cares, when you have beefed up Marines to take them apart). Without Spawn Broodling, there is no way to counter the Thor (you'll notice on their SC2 page, they're the only unit without a strength/weaknesses section). How is this balanced at all???

I cannot WAIT for the next balance patch. I see the Terran getting nerfed back into line after being (for some reason) built up in the beta, and the Zerg getting some nice buffs (which for some reason they didn't get in the beta).

-Dread_Reaper
    "And then Sun Tzu used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!"

I think one thing that would help immortals is splash damage range one a bit like archon have right now. At least it would make them more useful against Marauder and roaches that way...

Right now if I see a Terran player going Marauder I just tech up to void ray and try to destroy their base when they move to attack me

]In my honest opinion, nothing is imbalanced unless it can not be beat. Even if something is tougher to fight against, it does not make it imbalanced it just makes it a good strategy. Neither zerglings or banelings are armored units and therefore do not get the full damage from a marauder. The reasons banelings are weak against them is because it takes too many to kill a marauder because of its HP. A marauder only does 10 damage to any unit not armored. A viable way to deal with them as zerg is zerglings. A viable way to deal with them as protoss are zealots and sentries. It takes 17 hits for a marauder to kill a zealot. Five hits to get rid of the shields, and then 12 hits after that because of the zealots 1 natural armor. Immortals are not necessarily the tanks of the protoss fleet, they are the heavy hitting dps as well. If you have a wall of zealots, with sentries, stalkers, and immortals behind that kiting will not matter all that much regardless of how fast zealots are without charge and when Marauders have concussive shells.
    All in all since there is no one race and no one strat that is unstoppable the game is pretty balanced. If something gives you trouble, just try something else against it and keep trying new stuff until you find something that works for you against it. Fungal growth and storm eat bio ball terran. Drops of all kind work well against any turtling player. The answer is not always go straight into where they are defended, you need to sneak around to where they are not. Dont be afraid to just keep trying new stuff to see if there is anything differently you can do against whatever it is that you are losing to. It is still early and new things are being discovered all the time. If something needs to be changed in the game it will be, until then try to find a way to beat everyone.
    Last edited by silencbank; 08-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    I realize that I change my signature often. All I can say to that is: SO??? HAI FIVE!! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

If you like anyone's post, be sure to give them additional rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Actually, this game I've realized is incredibly balanced. You just have to learn how to play and scout more often.
    For emphasis, I quoted.

The problem with the Terrans is that they are resource light (even gas-light at the start of the game), can build two basic units at the same time for 50m 50g instead of the cost of a new building, and can get a lot of minerals really fast. The amount of units they can build for the cost it costs, the damage they deal, and the damage they can tank is just not very well into the reasonable area (when all this factors are added, not every one by itself).
    Obviously, it can be beaten, but it's quite difficult. Infantry has became a lot more powerful without really going any more expensive than before.

mother ship is just a useless waste of a flying paper plate powered by a crystal. all it can do it soak up damage while it cloaks everything. like are u serious? i paied 400m and 400g and waited 160 seconds just so my units can be like babies and hide while the mother ship gets killed. and its not even compatable with carriers as the vortex just takes in all your interceptors making your carries a useless waste of a flying bowl just like the flying plate. i mean like seriously! ppl make mother ships and carriers together its suppose to go hand and hand in the tech tree but all the mother ship does is kills ur carriers.
    ~KyranX

Quote Originally Posted by kyr200 View Post
    mother ship is just a useless waste of a flying paper plate powered by a crystal. all it can do it soak up damage while it cloaks everything. like are u serious? i paied 400m and 400g and waited 160 seconds just so my units can be like babies and hide while the mother ship gets killed. and its not even compatable with carriers as the vortex just takes in all your interceptors making your carries a useless waste of a flying bowl just like the flying plate. i mean like seriously! ppl make mother ships and carriers together its suppose to go hand and hand in the tech tree but all the mother ship does is kills ur carriers.
    Adun forbid we create a writing system with grammatical rules like capital letters to begin sentences, or a preference to not start sentences with "and."

Quote Originally Posted by Kammalleri View Post
    I think one thing that would help immortals is splash damage range one a bit like archon have right now. At least it would make them more useful against Marauder and roaches that way...

Right now if I see a Terran player going Marauder I just tech up to void ray and try to destroy their base when they move to attack me
    This would be a mistake, as splash damage would make give the immortal strength against precisely the units which should counter it (lings, marines, etc.). For that matter, I wasn't aware that people found the immortal underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Adun forbid we create a writing system with grammatical rules like capital letters to begin sentences, or a preference to not start sentences with "and."
    and we are forbidden 2 use periods 2 state wether or not our sentences have ended or not
    ~KyranX