Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Default What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Everyone has that thing that makes them want to go postal when it happens. Maybe it's the Protoss cannon rushing or a 6 pool zergling rush.

For me it's the void ray rush. It makes me so mad at myself when I fall for it because it's got to be one of the easiest things to thwart. The invest so much to get those voids and a can be completely stymied by a few spore crawlers and a speedling reprisal.

Oh well, kudos to the guy who just got me with it, it's my own fault for not watching for it.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Terran timing pushes. Early stalkers in PvP. Pretty much any cheese/proxy.

Anything proxy. 99% of the time it's all-in cheese at its finest. No need to scout, no need to perfect your macro, no need to learn end-game tricks.

I've already had Diamond players quit the game immediately after losing their proxy pylon and the probe that built it. Not a 20-game accidental Diamond, either, but someone with over 100 games in his record.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Void rays and cloaked banshee for me. Especially when I play zerg. The void ray has to be the cheapest unit in the game. Yes, it's incredibly easy to counter if you see it coming from miles away. But, if you're careless and don't scout it, it's over! That kinda goes for any cheese though.

Randobob's Avatar Junior Member

There is nothing wrong with a proxy stargate, quick void rush. It feels good.

I lose to a 6-9 pool rush more then anything. I just started blocking my ramp completely with 2 pylons and a gateway in PvT because it was getting frustrating
    The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw...

Quote Originally Posted by Randobob View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a proxy stargate, quick void rush. It feels good.
    You do realize that the thread is about strats you LOSE to, not strats you win WITH, right?

I lose to a 6-9 pool rush more then anything. I just started blocking my ramp completely with 2 pylons and a gateway in PvT because it was getting frustrating
    Either you meant 'PvZ' or somewhere along the line your thought process yielded some very warped results.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Pretty much any 2v2 cheese. They're waaaay too hard to stop compared to how hard they are to pull off. For 1s, 3s, 4s, they either have little enough for you to counter it or you have enough allies to stop it. Not so much in 2v2.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Randobob View Post

Imo, in PvZ, 6-9 pools are easy to deal with. Once scouted, throw down a quick gateway ( If you don't have one building already ), and pull some probes off of your mineral line

The strat that i lose to the most, is early mass stalker ( Typically 4 gate ) in PvP. I can never get my immortals out in time, and with blink, those stalkers are soooo evil when is comes to harassment.
    I even had a nightmare about this. Once.

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

Did we really need more whine threads? Do they call them cheese because it goes well with the losers whine?

Seriously.. Every strategy can be defended against... if you lose to ANYTHING, it is because YOU did something wrong.

That proxy location you missed, that part of your base you didn't scout to check for cannons/pylons or bunkers, reaper rushes that take out your workers, fast mutas that you didnt scout out, fast void rays that you didn't scout out or counter...

Between the GG threads, the underpowered threads, I'm a little tired of the whining about certain ways a game has been lost. Learn from the loss, don't whine about it.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

Void ray rush, especially when my enemy gets them out before I do. ^^