Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Default Re: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Santrega View Post
    Did we really need more whine threads? Do they call them cheese because it goes well with the losers whine?

Seriously.. Every strategy can be defended against... if you lose to ANYTHING, it is because YOU did something wrong.

That proxy location you missed, that part of your base you didn't scout to check for cannons/pylons or bunkers, reaper rushes that take out your workers, fast mutas that you didnt scout out, fast void rays that you didn't scout out or counter...

Between the GG threads, the underpowered threads, I'm a little tired of the whining about certain ways a game has been lost. Learn from the loss, don't whine about it.
    This thread isn't about being upset with your opponent or thinking the game is unbalanced. Its just about what frustrates you the most when you fail to respond correctly.

I lost to a 6 pool. I scouted him last, he found me first. Put up a fight for a couple minutes, but was defeated. I was angry as hell... with myself. Politely said GG and left the game. Learned to always scout the base that is closest by air since the overlord might find me first from that direction.

Protoss cannon rushes really burn me up...

So simple, and yet so devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post
    This thread isn't about being upset with your opponent or thinking the game is unbalanced. Its just about what frustrates you the most when you fail to respond correctly.

I lost to a 6 pool. I scouted him last, he found me first. Put up a fight for a couple minutes, but was defeated. I was angry as hell... with myself. Politely said GG and left the game. Learned to always scout the base that is closest by air since the overlord might find me first from that direction.
    I understand what the thread is suppose to be about. I think a better way to do this is ask people what they find most difficult to defend against or remember to defend against. The way the thread is currently is an invitation for complaining about certain strategies, rather than a prelude to discussion.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

Drkie's Avatar Junior Member

mass newbrays i hate them

Legion's Avatar Junior Member

Void rays/banshees </3

I also hate getting 2 gated even when i spot it my brain goes dead

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    You do realize that the thread is about strats you LOSE to, not strats you win WITH, right?

Either you meant 'PvZ' or somewhere along the line your thought process yielded some very warped results.
    Offering different opinions on the current subject of "strat rage" is perfectly fine.

I personally love to proxy two barracks with quick marines against Protoss.
    I then bunker leap frog and kill. Beats the timing on cybernetic core rushers everytime.
    I don't see anything wrong in that or why you should even get angry.
    The game is just about reading your opponent, planning an attack, and executing these. That's all.

You guys lose to cheese, then you guys loose to cheese. This is an RTS, deal with it. Cheese isn't really cheese, it's just unconventional strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Areoseph's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Void rays/banshees </3

I also hate getting 2 gated even when i spot it my brain goes dead
    Since you're talking about what you hate Legion, how about:

Do any Terrans absolutely hate how easy it is to snipe scvs who are building?

Legion has become fairly accomplished at this *wink*. Here is what is so annoying about it: The only way to defend it is to pull another SCV off the line (that could be mining) and repair the building SCV or use the pulled scv to fight off the probe/drone. For some reason the SCV just cannot 'hide' well enough in the structure. He'll be killed within seconds of the probe attacking him, so you almost have to leave an SCV waiting by your barracks to fight it off. This tactic is becoming fairly commonplace and you basically lose 60 or 70 minerals a minute (pulling SCV off line to defend). You cannot do it to Protoss or Zerg, only Terran is vulnerable to it. I don't lose my building scvs anymore to this, but I still have to pull an SCV or newly produced SCV off the line to defend it. It's a phenomenal harass, but in my opinion completely unfair. However, since it never got 'fixed' it SC, I doubt it'll be 'fixed' this time around. Always wondered why Blizz decided Terran needed this disadvantage? What does it balance out?

Anyways, that infuriates me. Haha.

Areo

Cheese... my blood boils with that

I totally hate reapers... My early game isn't so much for quickstalker so it's pretty hard to stop. What's frustrating is they get their tech for speed so early and you need to tech 2 buildings farther to get zealot charge which would make them maybe 50% useless instead of 100% useless against reapers.

It also looks like the last 2 games I played against plat zerg players(I'm silver) I did really good with countain and I was in the game, got colossus when they went roaches/hydra had a good amount of blink stalkers and some zealot, but I got owned by nydus network and it's so frustrating all it takes is an overload anywhere on the map 5 seconds later you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Offering different opinions on the current subject of "strat rage" is perfectly fine.

I personally love to proxy two barracks with quick marines against Protoss.
    I then bunker leap frog and kill. Beats the timing on cybernetic core rushers everytime.
    I don't see anything wrong in that or why you should even get angry.
    The game is just about reading your opponent, planning an attack, and executing these. That's all.

You guys lose to cheese, then you guys loose to cheese. This is an RTS, deal with it. Cheese isn't really cheese, it's just unconventional strategies.
    I'm not talking about someone who builds a Barracks outside of my base, loses it, and goes on to play a 20 minute game. My post made that abundantly clear.

I'm talking about people whose only goal is a cheese all-in that does not in ANY way, shape, or form depend on the MU being played. He's not going to stop building that Pylon just because I got a fast Refinery, or I didn't get a fast Refinery. He can't wait that long; the Pylon's already long since gone up.

What frustrates me isn't that this guy cheeses or that he beat me, it's that his strat is entirely dependent on the fact that you never (under normal circumstances) play the same opponent twice. In any series (best of 3, best of 5), he'd be completely fucked. He can't play the game.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png