Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SC:L - What do you want to see?

Default Re: SC:L - What do you want to see?

Mapmaking tips and tricks
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

A return to Pimpest plays would be cool. perhaps Pimpest plays - Beta, or Pimpest plays 2.0 now that we've returned to the golden era of starcraft!
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

CrowToss's Avatar Junior Member

I'd like to see a compilation of exploits found in different maps, for example, I've seen stalkers blink up the rock blocked ramp in kulas ravine without vision, and in metalopolis there's a spot between the smoke and the wall where it's near impossible to see a unit in there (perfect for hiding a probe).

Spotlights on awesome players.

Maybe a 'standard opening build orders' article, 2 or 3 for each race.

And last but not least, I'd love to see an article from our resident shoutcasters on what they do, and how to get started. I've been interested in tinkering with shoutcasting for a while now, but lack all the technical savvy - what programs to use, where to get them, and the like - to start myself on the right path. Some tips from the pros would be really nice.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfChaos View Post
    Best UMS map of the week/month explaining why its good
    After sufficient time has elapsed, this would be a nice idea but, basically, a full revival of Pimpest Plays would be teh epic sauce. That'd bring back so many memories

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Oh, I missed a super elite team of SC:L mappers and modders that can create awesome challenges and viral maps. I REALLY REALLY want this to happen. Sooner or later LoA, but it has to happen.

Something to connect the different regions together. I really feel far away from all you great NA people.

Critical interviews with Blizz staff (Metzen is always nice)

Critical article on all of SC2 aspects.

Hiring or just advocating for a SC:Legacy project, which might or might not end up as official lore, due to how high the standards will be. (Maybe turn your Cinematic project into a SC2 based Campaign)

And always keep your objectivity to the maximum. You're one of the biggest community voices out there and keeping your already great objectivity up to high standards is something I appreciate a lot.

Oh, and make the timeline feature a bit better to find. I first found SC:Legacy only due to that timeline, which strangely I have difficulty finding in these later years.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by SaharaDrac View Post
    Why don't you use the official Blizzard site's unit database...?
    Because theirs is, unsurprisingly, full of mistakes.

horror's Avatar Junior Member

UMS 'challenges' set each week to see who can make the best unit/map/trigger within a given criteria

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Oh, I missed a super elite team of SC:L mappers and modders that can create awesome challenges and viral maps. I REALLY REALLY want this to happen. Sooner or later LoA, but it has to happen.
    Viral maps that will have difficulty being played outside the NA servers! >_<
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

infernal's Avatar Junior Member

id love a complete eastern egg and pop culture reference list that would be way cool.

and fun facts like that chris metzen actually is singing in the jukebox

and ofc alot of lore like mentioned before

good luck with the work guys
    The INFERNALelf is coming for ya

no prisoners will be taken.

char code 330

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com