Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do all/most Zerg weapons use monomolecular edges?

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Do all/most Zerg weapons use monomolecular edges?

Or is it only the Ultralisk?

I find it kind of funny, that out of all the Zerg profiles on the Starcraft Compendium it's only mentioned on the Ultralisk profile that the Ultralisk uses monomolecular blades.

Well, I'm sure for rating reasons they didn't include that in the SC: Ghost trailer or we'd be seeing quite a bit of gore in that scene including the Ultralisk... but

It's never mentioned, but is it safe to assume that Zergling claws and Hydra spines use monomolecular points? Same with lurkers?

I don't think penetration would happen otherwise against "neosteel" or fabricated Protoss armour which is probably using materials stronger than what the Terrans use.

Also, IMO the Ultralisk is the least likely to have monomolecular edges. I mean, it's practically overkill lol. At least they show it though in SC2 with marines getting diced in half but the Ultralisk.

Well anyway, what do you guys think? Does the rest of the Zerg army use monomolecular edges/points on their bio weaponry or no?

Default Re: Do all/most Zerg weapons use monomolecular edges?

Its really hard to say. You think the overmind (or kerrigan now) would be like "hey that works lets just give it to everyone"

But if it says only ultra then i guess it would only be the ultralisk :P

doin some research are we?
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

lol well, just curious. Just to clarify, it doesn't say "only" the Ultralisk, it's just "only" mentioned on the Ultralisk profile. So it's not clear whether the other Zerg strains use monomolecular weapons or not.

So I just wondered what you guys thought about it.

Personally I find it hard to believe that any of the Zerg are capable of producing monomolecular blades, I mean we're talking about atomic levels of manipulation here, not something I can imagine the Zerg being able to do, especially as the blades are dead by this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    lol well, just curious. Just to clarify, it doesn't say "only" the Ultralisk, it's just "only" mentioned on the Ultralisk profile. So it's not clear whether the other Zerg strains use monomolecular weapons or not.

So I just wondered what you guys thought about it.
    Well I figure maybe the assimilated creature had monomolecular tusks or something and that because of that the ultralisk does too. I know the hive all shares minds and holds DNA for all different zerg strains, but only the defiler contains DNA from every zerg unit. So maybe it works like zerg DNA can used to modify an infested host to an extent but cant take specific traits from one strain and share it with another (why lings cant shoot hydra spines of glaive wurms)

or maybe building monomolecular blades takes a long incubation time hence why they are only on the strongest units as if lings had them then it would take forever to produce lings.

WHO KNOWS

not me

Quote Originally Posted by MattII View Post
    Personally I find it hard to believe that any of the Zerg are capable of producing monomolecular blades, I mean we're talking about atomic levels of manipulation here, not something I can imagine the Zerg being able to do, especially as the blades are dead by this time.
    the blades arent really dead. they are bone (well bone-like)
    and your bones arent 'dead' to a certain extent

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowToeSocks View Post
    the blades arent really dead. they are bone (well bone-like)
    and your bones arent 'dead' to a certain extent
    Your bones are inside your body, the Ultralisk's blades are more analogous to teeth (which are dead on the outside), horns (which are dead), or antlers (which are dead once they shed the velvet).

I see your point, but if you think about it most of biochemistry is atomic-level manipulation
    The Spider Brigade has disabled your radio gauge

Your bones are inside your body, the Ultralisk's blades are more analogous to teeth (which are dead on the outside), horns (which are dead), or antlers (which are dead once they shed the velvet).
    Yeah but this is the Zerg we are talking about. They don't work on the same premise that Earth bound creatures work.

Could someone explain the meaning off monomolecular weapons, it's not in my vocabulary :S