Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zerg are ****ng underpowered

Default Zerg are ****ng underpowered

Hidden Content:

Don't give me crap, Zerg are ****ing underpowered as shit. I really like Zerg, yeah I really do. But all you do is play mechanical and if you don't play like Idra you lose. There's no good builds with zerg at all. All protoss does is wall in and 4gate. Great! Terran walls in? GREAT! No scouting for you! Meanwhile you hae to micro the shit out of your zerglings to prevent any scout to get into your base WHILE trying to mechanically setup a good macro.

Wtf is a zerg player to do? Fucking lamesauce strategies everywhere. No wonder Idra rages alot as a zerg player, we get fucked up the ass repeatedly.

Where the hell is our macro "ability"? Protoss get TWO macro abilities, chrono boost AND warp in? What the flying fuck were they thinking? How is warpin NOT overpowered? How is inject LARVA even CLOSE to chrono boost? Great, I get to inject larva, that's awesome. Terran get 2 solutions to their problems. Need minerals? GET A MULE, ooh supply blocked? DO SUPPLY DROP. Or crap you're getting attacked by invisible units? SCAN! All you need to do is nothing to save these things up. The ability recharges it self, all you need to do is think about using it properly.

But NOooo, Zerg? Your MILF of a Queen better be on that mofo with the V to the H. Otherwise you'll draw the shortstick when things get heavy.

So TOSS walls off and you have no idea wtf he's going to do. You see the 4 gates but he can easily transition to a fucking VOID RAY BULLSHIT because HE CAN. Yeah that's right. Want to scout? TOO BAD IT'S ME STALKER. 100 minerals and 8 food to see wtf he's building.

The only way to win with Zerg is to OUT PLAY THEM?? What kind of bullshit balance is this crap? I HAVE to expand with zerg??

And what the hell happened to swarm mentality? NEED MORE OVERLORDS, NEED MORE OVERLORDS. What the wtf?

All Dustin Browder did was nerf zerg 'cause OMFG THOSE KOREANS ARE TOO GOOD AT ZERG!

Well that's 'cause ALL KOREANS DO IS PLAY ZERG. You ever see a korean, ah forget a korean, have you ever seen an ASIAN NOT play zerg? (Yes sir I'm Asian and I play Zerg) Two of my friends are in Diamond league because they play ZERG. All they f'ing do is RUSH RUSH. Well that's just great!

How the hell is that fair? Marines are now pretty OP 'cause they all get into range PRETTY FAST. Zerglings melt like butter to marine fire. Oh btw, wanna get roach? TOO BAD IT'S ME MARAUDER! How about Mutalisk? Well these fuckers are 100/100 and costs requires a fucking 200/200 building to build. WTF am I supposed to do?

Zerg is probably the stupidest race in SC2. And great, we got nerfed like crazy. There was NOTHING wrong with roach. Ooh, players can't deal with mass roach. What the flying fuck? ROACH HAVE 3 RANGE. Mass ROACH means 90% of roach are just waiting in line to fight while the first 5 get killed.

And why the fuck was the game DESIGNED AROUND COUNTER ROACHES??? Marauders, counter roaches. Stalkers, counter roaches. Immortals, counter roaches. Zealots, OMFG Something I can actually deal with with INCREDIBLE ROACH MICRO otherwise THEY COUNTER ROACHES. Who even goes roaches now? NOBODY. Great, thanks blizzard for nerfing this unit out of the gameplay.

Now it's like Zergling Hydralisk bullshit. And god forbid they go siege tanks and marines. (See what I did thar? 12 years of game design and SC1 all over again) Except Hydalisks are now 100/75 and costs a FLIPPING TWO FOOD.

So it comes down to it, the ONLY matchup what's worth a damn is ZERG VERSUS ZERG. That's just great. 'Cause I can outplay THOSE people. Yeah, butt buddies.

I was platinum in Beta as Terran and now I'm stuck in Gold and losing game after game as Zerg. **** it, I'm going back to Terran. My ass can't handle Zerg. At least I was having fun as Terran.

Alright fine here's a more serious post.

Fact of the matter is Zerg is stupidly underpowered and stupidly overpowered. There is no middle ground. They've nerfed zerg just to make Ultralisk work, and now that they've added Frenzy to ultralisk, all the nerfs are still there.

For example, they nerfed burrow to fix roach's tunnelling claws. But then they made roaches 2 food, and didn't bother to fix the burrow nerf. Originally burrow is a great addition to zerg play and I loved the idea but with it's massive investment, it's only really useful for roach.

For Ultralisk, they nerfed the mind control so that you don't control ultralisks all the time, but then they made ultralisks unable to be mind controlled... so why not just put back mind control to it's previous setting?

I feel a lot of Zerg stuff is 1 step forward, 1 step back just to make one unit work while removing a lot of other strategies because they forgot to add them ideas back in.

I've won zerg games by complete domination or complete early rush. And I've lost them just as easily. Unlike Terran / Protoss games where there is fast back and forth between the two of us, Zerg feels like it's all in or bust.

Also, it annoys the heck out of me that Zerg have no +light or +armored damage units. HOw come all other races have this racial choice while zerg is left stuck with basic units? They should add +1 armored damage upgrade for lings just to see how it affects Ultralisks tank lines. There is a lot of stuff they can do to Zerg to make it a more multicolored race.

We'll see in the next big patch, I'm quite sure Zerg are going to get a huge amount of changes.
    Last edited by Wankey; 08-10-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Default Re: Zerg are ****ng underpowered

Zerg gets the production capacity of about 50 buildings late game if you are on 3 bases. Also, how does idra keep winning if zerg is underpowered? His starting build is very mechanical, but after that he is fairly creative (keep in mind that the playstyle of zerg is very transition heavy in longer games)

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Zerg gets the production capacity of about 50 buildings late game if you are on 3 bases. Also, how does idra keep winning if zerg is underpowered? His starting build is very mechanical, but after that he is fairly creative (keep in mind that the playstyle of zerg is very transition heavy in longer games)
    Keyword late game. How many games have you played that have gone to late game?

Anyways, started playing Terran again 2 game winning streak! Woohoo! I'm feeling all better already.

I'm not sure if this is a troll topic or a demonstration of profound stupidity. I began to suspect either after the ranting about "having to expand as Zerg".
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Keyword late game. How many games have you played that have gone to late game?

Anyways, started playing Terran again 2 game winning streak! Woohoo! I'm feeling all better already.
    Then start playing like idra and get it to late game. Zerg is a bit simplistic, but they are not easy.

And of course you won 2 games in a row as T... T is OP as hell right now (and you played most of beta as T, so you are experienced with them). Hell, at the end of beta I went 7-0 with no experience as a T player.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a troll topic or a demonstration of profound stupidity. I began to suspect either after the ranting about "having to expand as Zerg".
    It is wankey being wankey, somebody that jumps to conclusions too quickly.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    It is wankey being wankey, somebody that jumps to conclusions too quickly.
    Ah, right. I miss the good old days of Blizzforums when I knew who the lamards were and could get drunk on power and delete their threads. I've got a stack of G-PODs sitting in my closet collecting dust.

I'll not pretend I can refute all his points because I don't play multiplayer much, but I would consider Creep a macro mechanic on top of Spawn Larva. Boosts unit speed, gives you forward warning of attacks, and if you expand it far enough it can interfere with an opponent's building plans. Even if the opponent brings detectors to see the Creep tumors and destroy them, you're still getting forward warning of their attack, or at least are being notified that some of his units have left his base, go ambush them.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 08-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

In my opinion the better player will win the match given the circumstance. Unless you can provide a substantial logical argument with statistical evidence for your statements I will take them as unfounded and ignore them. If you wish to be taken seriously in your claims of imbalance you bare the responsibility to justify your claims not us to disprove them. Note I am not saying you are wrong I am just stating you have shown no justification. Lets look at an example of the language you use:

But NOooo, Zerg? Your MILF of a Queen better be on that mofo with the V to the H. Otherwise you'll draw the shortstick when things get heavy.
    What does this add to your argument? I don't see the relevance of this at all. To me it just seems to be unfounded criticism. All I ask is that you develop some sort of logical coherent argument so that it may actually be contested or accepted. I can understand that you may be upset at the game however potentially analysing how you lost and providing replays would help. I would be glad as would other members of the forum to analyse them and help improve your Zerg play. And if your claims are right the replays should provide at least some justification. Thanks.
    Last edited by dejai; 08-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Wow, nobody found this post funny? I guess you guys have no sense of humor.

Not even

Your MILF of a Queen better be on that mofo with the V to the H.
    I can't believe you actually tried to "argue" that point

Starcraft R SERIOUS BUZINESS
    Last edited by Wankey; 08-10-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Wow, nobody found this post funny? I guess you guys have no sense of humor.
    Or we have a more sophisticated sense of humor than to be amused by mock troll topics that aren't funny?

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Or we have a more sophisticated sense of humor than to be amused by mock troll topics that aren't funny?
    lawl, SERIOUS BUZINESS.