Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG it's HUGE!

Default OMG it's HUGE!

When playing through the mission In Utter Darkness if you go the southeast "base" of the Zerg there is a Huge creature called Omegalisk

Can anyone care to explain what is that thing?? I never saw that it's possible to create it during multiplayer....

Whow...

~Xeo

Default Re: OMG it's HUGE!

Yeah, its a big sucker. I trapped it with Void Prism and had Warp Rays kill it. Was disappointed I didn't get a bonus or something.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

You get a research point, and I think there might be an achievement. It's not just the southeast base either, I think every base has one. I think it's just a scrapped concept is all. It's certainly not unusual to have a unit in campaign that's not in the multiplayer.
    "Youíre an idiot, babe
    Itís a wonder that you still know how to breathe"
    -Robert Zimmerman

Starcraft Lore Timeline and Mysteries.

what? you get more research points than what is described in the objectives?
    if you safeguard the vault than get research points but never knew about killing the omegalisks...

~Xeo

Quote Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
    what? you get more research points than what is described in the objectives?
    if you safeguard the vault than get research points but never knew about killing the omegalisks...

~Xeo
    Me neither...

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

The Omegalisk was supposed to replace the Ultralisk a few years ago in development, but then Blizzard said "why are we replacing a big melee tank with another big melee tank?"

Concept art from 2006:

You encounter Omegalisks elsewhere, like Belly of the Beast and I think another missions, which are just enlarged Ultralisks. I wish they took on their original glory, though.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

They should have kept the original model for the Omegalisk. The tentacles would have been awesome.

Alex's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    You encounter Omegalisks elsewhere, like Belly of the Beast and I think another missions, which are just enlarged Ultralisks. I wish they took on their original glory, though.
    No, I think that the on the other missions they are Bruatalisks, and they are a little smaller. I didn't see Omegalisks anywhere else. And I killed them too, but didn't get any reward.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

There is one in belly of the beast.

Right when it breaks into the rocks, the marines say "Game over man, game over!"

That was hilarious, I laughed so hard. It was extremely fitting too, for the marines to show their fear when something 100x their size has them cornered.

Although, how Raynor and 3 buddy boys managed to take it down is beyond me. In a realistic situation they would've got stomped, unless Raynor headshot it or something.