Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else GLAD that the singleplayer is online?

Default Anybody else GLAD that the singleplayer is online?

So, for a while now I have been mostly playing the campaign and I just realized... I am actually really glad that it is available on b.net. It has been pretty fantastic to be able to chat with some of my friends while I am playing the campaign. Most of the time I hate playing the single player versions on the computer (I never finished the war3 or BW campaigns, and I have a couple of PC games that I havent finished the campaigns of either).

The stories are interesting, but not being able to instantly share or talk with friends makes it so much less fun

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Default Re: Anybody else GLAD that the singleplayer is online?

i will have to agree with this.... also watching replays + chatting = MORE FUN

Novel. This is the sort of polish we enjoy from Blizzard.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Its good that its optional, I think if it was only available when online it would stir a lot of controversy.

Alterran's Avatar Junior Member

I really like the chat too

ya it's nice, especially when get get a sweet achievment followed by a few friends being like; "ooooh, wow, good job buddy" lol.

only problem with it is that if someone messages you during a cut scene you don't know about it. Would be nice to get a kinda post-it note of missed messages once a mission starts.
    KCCO

Kinda agree, thats the good part about it, but the normal bad ideas of being connected for single player still rears its ugly head.

I've had two instances over the past week where the connection gone out (one was a patch/server crash) which ruined my achievements, basically I beat Utter in brutal with the achievements, but since it disconnected on me I didnt get anything, not even completed the level =/ So thats pretty lame.

And certain Mastery achievements are broken now, because of bnet server crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyze View Post
    I've had two instances over the past week where the connection gone out (one was a patch/server crash) which ruined my achievements, basically I beat Utter in brutal with the achievements, but since it disconnected on me I didnt get anything, not even completed the level =/ So thats pretty lame.
    If that happens, just save, exit the game, start it again and load the mission save. It will fix the issue.

Also, it's pretty awesome that it can be played online, since that way, I don't lose my campaign progress if say, the power goes out or if my computer crashes and I lose my HDD (This happened to a friend of mine, but he also had a good laptop that could play a game, so he was relieved).

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

the more practical benefit of single player online is that if you have the game on multiple computers you continue from the last mission you finished if you click on continue campaign
    I have a laptop in which I installed my version of the game to check this out and it worked but I won't play on it cause it sucks my desktop PC is much better :P

~Xeo

I do love connected gaming services like steam, xbox live, psn and now battle.net, but a privacy option to appear offline should be a basic inclusion.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.