Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todies Replays, Reflections and Ramblings

Default Todies Replays, Reflections and Ramblings

Hello.

i think many will identify with my search for the perfect game; where you feel like its a fair hard fought game. a game where you and your opponent are reasonably informed about the situation and where short term tactics and longterm strategies and their implementations and adaptations are ultimately deciding in who wins.

... i will try to post such games of mine here. along with my analysis of them... ofcoruse, we never quite hit the spot but some games still quite accurately illustrate why we play this game.

i very much welcome any and all kind of input.

New post with new replays as of 11:th of november 2010:

Post: http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1289505144
    Replays:
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1289505107

http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1289505125

http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1289505144

so to kick things off:

i just played a ZvZ on metalopolis, Crossmap.. semi spoilers:
    Hidden Content:
    iv been favouring aggressive openings with Roach + speedling rather allot recently, but as this tuerned out, i missed an early injection, and considered my chances of doing hurt with a roach push voer that huge distance to be quite slim. so i sat back, and fell into something of a disadvantage against my more mobile opponent... but i did know, palying my cards right i had a shot.....

http://screplays.com/replays/todie/3289#comment-712

several days ago, i played another game that turend out interesting. ZvP on LT. spoilers:
    Hidden Content:
    i did not play particularly well this game, and it looked like i was to pay the price, even after wrecking his econ with a runby. .... its not a spectacular game, but given the cocky attitude and the epic turn at the end, it was quite satisfying.

enjoy & comment?

i think more members should upload replays that mean something to them, and share, in similar fashion, for everyone's enjoyment !

Peace out.
    Last edited by Todie; 11-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Default Re: Todies Replays, Reflections and Ramblings

Glad you started up this thread again : ) I'll keep'em for tomorrow and reply then

Hm, I have to watch them. So I know how to win versus you next time

*I have to be logged in to watch the first one, could you upload them here?

EDIT: Aw that second video was awesome! Specially where he said "that's all?" and you totally owned him and continued to win the game.
    Last edited by Twilice; 08-06-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    *I have to be logged in to watch the first one, could you upload them here?
    done.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.

Hi.

iv been gaming a sick amount last couple of days. gotten some really good games in.

in the order i played them:

first game , ZvP on desert oasis: a good example of how its not always advised to lean back and macro up with hydras in the face of phoenix; when the initial hit of phoenix harass doesnt really do much, the economy is already going strong, and the risk for ground based timing attacks is slim, its safer than ever to go for air. just as long as the mutas you make dont get into prolonged conflicts with phoenix of equal or greater numbers, youre on track. corrupters help a ton at fending off phoenii, even though they cant catch em, they cant really be taken down by them either (due to being armored, high hp and two base armor)

second game
    ZvT on stepes of war. terran forces are hard to brake sometimes. high HP mech and healed infantery... this games includes several examples of what can happen due to major disorganization and some bad decisions at the worst possible moment. shit just dies... this game got very messy for me, but what helps make this game interesting is the infestor use. it literally saved me and won me the game - and not in that gimmicky way either. hopefully you see what i mean if you watch it. disclaimer - it does get a little silly toward the end due to my extreme disorganization. - game should have been shorter.

Thrid game
    ZvT on xel'naga caverns. i just played this, and i felt like it was a decent illustration of the state of ZvT for me; early lingspeed to deal with any early shenanigans, expand asap, etc... what is becoming increasingly clear is the high worth and longevity of infestor harassment; it wins me games. frequently. it succeeds in reaping kills - even when there are turrets and units nearby!

enough rambling from me. tell me what you think!
    next time i might post a loss or too and ask for some advice...

peace.

Hi.

gastrop0d's Avatar Junior Member

I really learned quite a lot just watching those last 2 replays!

I had no idea you could spit out so many ITs... it really is a surprisingly effective move.

glad to here it! IT's are only 25 energy, and last alot longer than theyused to during almost all of beta.

they're very welcome extra firepower when used at the right moment.

Hi.

gastrop0d's Avatar Junior Member

I just played 3 games with them, all against terran, and they were SAVIORS. Throwing ITs on/near their sieged tanks is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while.

Going to download all these replays and watch them now...

On a side note: How worthwhile do you think the energy upgrade for Infestors is?

Quote Originally Posted by gastrop0d View Post

On a side note: How worthwhile do you think the energy upgrade for Infestors is?
    crucial.

its often worth getting a few infestors before the energy upgrade - simply becasue you want them out asap, and they have time to regenerate energy before the upgrade owold be finshed anyway - but under most cirumstances, properly utilized infestors wont sit around at 200 energy. considering that, the 25 extra energy counts on every single infestor youll ever make.

Hi.

While in theory the upgrade is fantastic, I don't feel like I make that many infestors in a game. I've usually ended up with 1-3 infestors in a larger army, rather than more in a smaller army.
    Maybe I should try more infestor-heavy builds, and get the upgrade.
    I find that by the time NP is ready, I'm usually at a point where that gas could be better spent on a hive or a greaterspire/ultraden.

I'll try using it more often and see where that gets me though. I hadn't thought about it that much, and getting more infestors makes a lot more sense now that ITs are much more versatile. Good call Todie.
    Now the only question is figuring out if the upgrade (200/200 right?) is worth +1 IT per infestor you make. Though there's also the huge advantage of getting that fungal or NP out earlier in an infestor's life.