Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft II Demo

Default Re: StarCraft II Demo

I imagine one possibility would be Blizzard releasing (or rather, selling) some premium maps that would cover more backstory.

They should improve the campaign by free DLC. They said the game's story would be richer than the previous versions, but i don't know. I don't see how splitting the game in 3 parts was worth it. The campaign feels short, and not very filled with content. SC1 campaign feels longer and just better. It has a lot of good dialogue.

The SC1 campaign feels longer because it was broken into distinct parts, and because the one-size-fits-all difficulty level ramped up so steeply.

So guys? Where's the demo?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    They should improve the campaign by free DLC. They said the game's story would be richer than the previous versions, but i don't know. I don't see how splitting the game in 3 parts was worth it. The campaign feels short, and not very filled with content. SC1 campaign feels longer and just better. It has a lot of good dialogue.
    I don't know why people keep saying that they split it up. They didn't, they didn't even have Zerg or Protoss missions to split off from the Terran ones.

They were working on the Terran part first and realized how huge of an undertaking it would be, so they decided to push the Zerg and Protoss campaigns to expansions.

I don't know about you but I enjoy getting more insight into the SC2 universe that a 30 mission campaign can give than splitting it up into 3 10 mission campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    I personally hope for a Zerg demo elaborating on what the hell Kerrigan's been up to and maybe explain better what the crap she does in WoL, or a WoL side character "prequel", like Heaven's Devils doing some missions, Tosh and/or Nova missions on how they end up where they are in WoL. Maybe even how Swann was saved by raynor or something, featuring Kachinsky (who REALLY was neglected in WoL).
    Yeah, a Demo that would cover up the story of how Tychus and Raynor became friends would be useful for people who have no idea who Tychus is. I personally hope that they would.. but hey, you can't tell Blizz what to do can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying that they split it up. They didn't, they didn't even have Zerg or Protoss missions to split off from the Terran ones.

They were working on the Terran part first and realized how huge of an undertaking it would be, so they decided to push the Zerg and Protoss campaigns to expansions.

I don't know about you but I enjoy getting more insight into the SC2 universe that a 30 mission campaign can give than splitting it up into 3 10 mission campaigns.
    Like if we knew much more after WoL. Most of the missions didn't reveal anything.
    Most of the campaign was just filler. Missions that didn't had much to do with "the plot".

Alex's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    Like if we knew much more after WoL. Most of the missions didn't reveal anything.
    Most of the campaign was just filler. Missions that didn't had much to do with "the plot".
    I have to agree with this. All the campaigns in SC1 were filled in content, and each mission felt important. However, in SC2, most missions feel like they're just filling the ~30 mission cap, and barely tell any important story. They could easily put all the really important story in ~12 missions, and start working on the other campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I have to agree with this. All the campaigns in SC1 were filled in content, and each mission felt important. However, in SC2, most missions feel like they're just filling the ~30 mission cap, and barely tell any important story. They could easily put all the really important story in ~12 missions, and start working on the other campaigns.
    That is the whole point. It is meant to expand the universe.

There are entire subplots about Raynor's revolution, Spectres, Xel'naga/Hybrids, Zerg Infestation.

If every mission had been about just the main plot of going to save Kerrigan, 30 missions would be far far too many for just that single plot.

Alex's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    That is the whole point. It is meant to expand the universe.

There are entire subplots about Raynor's revolution, Spectres, Xel'naga/Hybrids, Zerg Infestation.

If every mission had been about just the main plot of going to save Kerrigan, 30 missions would be far far too many for just that single plot.
    Maybe, but I still feel they could make them much more interesting. Maybe I just had too high expectations.