Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft II Demo

Default StarCraft II Demo

From the recent developer chat: (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthrea...er+Chat&page=6)

Guest-397: Is there going to be a single-player demo like there was for the original shortly before or after release?
    DustinB: We are working on something, but it is still a little bit in the future to know exactly when we will have it ready.
    What are your hopes and expectations? Blizz games have always had a stand-alone demo to their RPG, and I surely could use some new, or semi-new content beside what I already uncovered in WoL.
    I personally hope for a Zerg demo elaborating on what the hell Kerrigan's been up to and maybe explain better what the crap she does in WoL, or a WoL side character "prequel", like Heaven's Devils doing some missions, Tosh and/or Nova missions on how they end up where they are in WoL. Maybe even how Swann was saved by raynor or something, featuring Kachinsky (who REALLY was neglected in WoL).

If I could go back in time and change the production of SCII, I'd make the Zeratul mini-campaign into the demo to "open up" for the SCII Trilogy and make WoL ALL TERRAN, so side characters could be developed more and players would feel more like they got to know the characters.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Default Re: StarCraft II Demo

Just like the "Separate ways" in resident evil 4 but with kerrigan en WoL? would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HydraHydra View Post
    Just like the "Separate ways" in resident evil 4 but with kerrigan en WoL? would be interesting.
    I haven't played RE4, and I can't seem to understand what part of my examples you are referring to, if any.

Care to elaborate?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -

Well, in RE4 there is a character that "helps" you during normal play. In Separate ways you play as that character and you see the history from her point of view.

So, it would be like you use kerrigan in, by example, Smash and grab. Or something like that.

Hopefully they do a prequel of some sorts, as with StarCraft I.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Hopefully they do a prequel of some sorts, as with StarCraft I.
    The Zeratul mini campaign would've been a fine prequel on itself. (It does take place before WoL)
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -

I agree that that mission group would make a great demo, but I don't think it shouldn't be in the game. Those missions are critical for the plot. The Chau Sara missions weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    The Zeratul mini campaign would've been a fine prequel on itself. (It does take place before WoL)
    Yeah that mini campaign would have made way more sense as a prequel demo. It's so dumb that you can complete it at any time in the game, yet it doesn't affect any of the conversations before or afterwards. You'd think Raynor would want to talk about some of the stuff he saw throughout the game.

Also, if it happened before, you could just play as Zeratul so they don't have to do that stupid crystal thing where Zeratul's voice cheesily tells you what you are about to see. Then, they could have just had a cutscene cinematic like the one in the game, but have Zeratul just give Raynor a letter or something that explains it all.

The demo won't be Zerg, because this is WoL - still it would be neat to get a bit more backstory on one of the characters at least

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by LordofAscension View Post
    The demo won't be Zerg, because this is WoL - still it would be neat to get a bit more backstory on one of the characters at least

~LoA
    You sure about that? As in do you KNOW or are you convinced that it's not going to be Zerg?

I mean, this is the first time Blizz is dividing expansions into race campaigns, so I can see your point, but demos never came out for Blizz expansion sets, so that could be a pointer towards being able to play as Zerg since there won't be demos for HotS and LotV. (Unless the demos are just 2-3 misisons from each campaign... Please don't disappoint me on this Blizz! )
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -