Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared of League Matches after one Win

Default Scared of League Matches after one Win

I played my first ever 1v1 league match in Starcraft 2 today. It was the first serious match I have played in any RTS ever. I played as Terran and I just tried my best, following things I had picked up from watching commentators like Husky.

I pushed out to attack after maybe 5 minutes. He was expanding and called me a rusher and said I lied about never playing. I didn't know what to do and I am still shaking as I type this.

My point is: Are all matches like this? Because I am really scared to lose and win at the game now. I even saved the replay. I would just like to hear what you guys have to say.

Default Re: Scared of League Matches after one Win

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSash View Post
    I played my first ever 1v1 league match in Starcraft 2 today. It was the first serious match I have played in any RTS ever. I played as Terran and I just tried my best, following things I had picked up from watching commentators like Husky.

I pushed out to attack after maybe 5 minutes. He was expanding and called me a rusher and said I lied about never playing. I didn't know what to do and I am still shaking as I type this.

My point is: Are all matches like this? Because I am really scared to lose and win at the game now. I even saved the replay. I would just like to hear what you guys have to say.
    I find it hard sometimes to stay calm... I get really pissed at people at times and other times I get a bit shaken after a bit of a verbal scuffle with a sore loser. However, just try to have fun. Don't take it personal when they act stupid after losing and try to act respectable when you lose to others. Most people will be a little better at losing.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Santrega View Post
    I find it hard sometimes to stay calm... I get really pissed at people at times and other times I get a bit shaken after a bit of a verbal scuffle with a sore loser. However, just try to have fun. Don't take it personal when they act stupid after losing and try to act respectable when you lose to others. Most people will be a little better at losing.
    The beta helped me work a lot of that out. I don't get nervous anymore. It just takes time.

I do get mad though when some noob waltzes all of his workers into my main at the very beginning of a match.
    Burns me up to know end.

Yea. He seemed nice at first, but things just changed so quickly. But I am glad to hear that most experiences should be a little better. Thanks. =)

The first time always feels like that. Even the top elite had this experience. Just enjoy the ride and keep practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSash View Post

Starcraft is a RTS game, expect anything even rushes. You were doing great by catching your opponent off guard. I played a 1v1 match where i got turrets for the dumb void ray rushes and he said turrets are too strong. I mean come on, turrets are anti air buildings of course they should take down air units.

Quote Originally Posted by xco0olyx View Post
    Starcraft is a RTS game, expect anything even rushes. You were doing great by catching your opponent off guard. I played a 1v1 match where i got turrets for the dumb void ray rushes and he said turrets are too strong. I mean come on, turrets are anti air buildings of course they should take down air units.
    Same dude:

Dude, Reapers are too strong! After losing his SCVs in a worker rush

Really glad to hear all of the reassurance and feedback from you guys. It really is encouraging. Now I just need to work on my macro while attacking. =P

Maul's Avatar Member

I've been playing Starcraft for so long now I rarely get nervous. Starcraft 2 isn't much different. Some games I will take seriouisly and get very competitive, tychus is a victim of this :P but generally I don't take the leagues that seriously. Saying that I don't like to lose but from time to time I will try a ridiculous strategy lile a nuke rush or massing ravens. My main goal is to have fun.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Honestly, its actually kind of nice being in the bronze and silver leagues. The people in those are actually, you know, people. Not slavering RTS whores spending every fucking minute online and freaking out like little children every time you trash them. Seriously, this is why I stopped playing Modern Warfare 2...

-Dread_Reaper
    "And then Sun Tzu used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!"