Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duran in WoL?

Default Duran in WoL?

Now I have never read the novels regarding the starcraft universe but i wonder why i never saw anything regarding duran in wings of liberty. The only line that i found was when raynor said "There's no way mengsk could do this alone, there's someone helping him" or something to that effect. Other then that i don't believe he was mentioned and after the mystery surrounding him at the end of BW i had to wonder why i at least didn't hear from him in the game. Is Duran coming back as a main character in the next expansion? Does anyone else think he should have been a little bit more included in WoL?

Default Re: Duran in WoL?

Have you played through all of Wings of Liberty?

Hidden Content:

... Because it is strongly implied that Dr Emil Narud of the Moebius foundation is Duran.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

With a name like that why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Have you played through all of Wings of Liberty?

Hidden Content:

... Because it is strongly implied that Dr Emil Narud of the Moebius foundation is Duran.
    Yes i have, however i think i was making food or something and missed one of his large conversations he seemed like a neutral extra character to me like the other doctor. How is it implied other then the fact "Narud" backwards is Duran?

Duran likes to take on forms that exhibit extra stuff like accents none in the game has too. The eye movements maybe? Lemme check in a while.

If something has to make any sense, he should appear in HotS, or at the very least in LotV.

Duran was one of my favorite characters in SC:BW, despite his few appearances. Great character alltogether. I hope to see a lot of him, and I hope they actually give him some decent lines and a personality that stands out.

Narud being Duran is so obvious it's not even funny!
    First of all Duran is Narud backwards, but Emil is Lime backwards.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lime
    4. to whitewash or cover (a wall, ceiling, etc.) with a mixture of lime and water (limewash)

Basically a "cover" Duran is under. Though I don't know, the link is a bit too...far-fetched IMO. But yeah, it's definitely him.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

what doesn't make sense is the fact Duran was creating Hybrids and serves a greater power, helping Valerian and Raynor to de-infest Kerrigan and stop the Hybrids doesn't makes sense
    so yer theory about Narud being Duran is....

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    what doesn't make sense is the fact Duran was creating Hybrids and serves a greater power, helping Valerian and Raynor to de-infest Kerrigan and stop the Hybrids doesn't makes sense
    so yer theory about Narud being Duran is....
    1. The Dominion had a facility in the Castanar asteroid field that held a Hybrid facility.
    2. Narud wanted to PREVENT Kerrigan from getting the artifacts, probably for that very reason. Doesn't mean he knew or expected Raynor to use it on Kerrigan, or Valerian to steal Dominion ships to do so later on. From the dialogue (mixed with the one on Char), Kerrigan seems to have assumed that the artifact was to destroy her and the Zerg, not return her to human form.
    3. Kerrigan saw through Narud's charade, as she says so herself in the mission.
    4. Duran has an accent that no other character in the game has. Same with Narud.
    5. Narud is Duran backwards.
    6. Narud is the leader of the Moebius foundation and wants the Xel'Naga monolith. Tychus was getting artifacts for the Moebius foundation and Valerian is in charge. Perhaps he was manipulating both?
    7. Duran is a servant of a higher power, but we do not know what power exactly that is. He may just be a lackey that doesn't have enough knowledge or resourcefulness as the power he serves. For all we know, the power he serves may well be the Xel'Naga and he wants to recreate them, but is achieving it incorrectly, or is being manipulated by the Dark Voice.
    8. Duran seemed to have manipulated many, but doesn't mean he's an all-knowing, all-seeing god.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!