Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25/26 Missions?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default 25/26 Missions?

It tells me that I've completed 25/26 missions, when in reality there are 28 missions, and I've completed all of them. So what's up with this? The bonus mission you're apparently not allowed to do after you finish the campaign, though I did that one from a previous save.

Default Re: 25/26 Missions?

There is a total of 29 missions ( 25 standard + 1 secret mission on Castanar + the 3 alternates ). Have you done them all? Then that's what matters.
    - You've seen StarCraft: First Contact -

- Now, prepare for the Final Metamorphosis -

including the secret mission the most you can complete is 26, there's 29 total because of the alternates when you chose

Gradius is right. I've done them all (even got the achievement), yet the archives shows 25/26 despite that.

It shows 26/26 for me. I did the secret mission immediately after Media Blitz.
    - You've seen StarCraft: First Contact -

- Now, prepare for the Final Metamorphosis -

Quote Originally Posted by Freespace View Post
    It shows 26/26 for me. I did the secret mission immediately after Media Blitz.
    Ah, maybe that's it. I went back and worked in the secret mission after completing the Media Blitz mission. So perhaps you can only show 26 if you earned it legitimately in your first play through.

Regardless, the complete campaign achievement registers if you go back and play the skipped missions.

All you have to do to get 26-26 is go back to a save right before you go to char and replay media blitz to unlock it and then do the mission, then finish the final missions again.

the alternatives count as the same mission
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Freespace View Post
    There is a total of 29 missions ( 25 standard + 1 secret mission on Castanar + the 3 alternates ). Have you done them all? Then that's what matters.
    Right. I see 28 b/c it won't count the Castanar mission even if I do it from a previous save.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    All you have to do to get 26-26 is go back to a save right before you go to char and replay media blitz to unlock it and then do the mission, then finish the final missions again.
    You mean redoing all the missions starting from media blitz? That doesn't sound too fun. :P

It's better than having to play through the entire campaign again to get to it though, what is what I'm going to have to do. I'm playing through on hard mode this time to get some achievements I missed.

Does anyone know what all the alternate missions are and how to get them etc?