Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mutalisk and tanks changes

Default Re: Mutalisk and tanks changes

Quote Originally Posted by phazonjunkie View Post
    Regarding Tanks no longer overkilling, I personally believe it was a change for the better.
    As someone pointed out earlier, in SC1, siege lines were extremely hard to break; taking advantage of their tendency to overkill was one of the few ground-based ways of doing so. In SC2 'siege breaking' appears to be a little easier overall because there are more 'intuitive' ways of going about it.
    Siege breaking is harder overall in SC2 (so far) o.O

What are the more intuitive ways of handling them? The only new way that I know of is phoenix lifting, but thats not a complete solution still.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by phazonjunkie View Post
    Regarding Tanks no longer overkilling, I personally believe it was a change for the better.
    As someone pointed out earlier, in SC1, siege lines were extremely hard to break; taking advantage of their tendency to overkill was one of the few ground-based ways of doing so. In SC2 'siege breaking' appears to be a little easier overall because there are more 'intuitive' ways of going about it.
    Seriously, you contradicted yourself a lot there...
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Siege breaking is harder overall in SC2 (so far) o.O

What are the more intuitive ways of handling them? The only new way that I know of is phoenix lifting, but thats not a complete solution still.
    Burrow micro? Blink? hallucination? Them no longer having a damage bonus vs armored in siege mode?

Blink doesnt really help that much at all since smart fire destroys you so badly before you are able to get close (and in the case of a tank push, just means that the tanks in the back get to shoot at you). Hallucination was in BW. The damage bonus you speak of is just not good since now that they do straight damage to everything it just makes them have even fewer counters. Zealots were effective in BW because they were fast, dragged mines, and took less damage from siege tank damage now they are worthless.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

I guess I see what you're saying, but even if the tank's attack were 'dumbed down' to it's SC1 equivalent, It really wouldn't make much of a difference except a high level competitive play, imho. I don't think it's a weakness that the average player would be able to exploit.
    Of course that might be what you're going for, but I personally feel that a tactic/strategy should be viable at all levels, even without extremely high apm and exceptional micro.

And tanks actually have a fast RoF, easy shift deployment, faster target acquisition, quicker turret turning speed.

Have four of them and a couple of rines, and you'll be needing more money invested to counter it. It's just imba atm, maybe just a little, but it is.