Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutalisk and tanks changes

Default Mutalisk and tanks changes

So what do you think of tanks and mutas vs starcraft 1?

I was just watching epic moments by moon again and it got me thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLU_SCqzr0

check around 7:50 - 8:36

and then from 8:50

There is more muta/tank micro and such in the video as well so just keep eyes open.

So what do you think?

Personally I feel most for the muta, now its just a timing win (feels that way)
    rather then a real killer if microed well

Tanks not overshooting feels weird as well now.
    you can't brake siege lines anymore it feels, its more about overpowering then micro or just catching him off position.

Edit:

Ah ye sorry, totally forgot link xD
    Last edited by userstupidname; 07-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Default Re: Mutalisk and tanks changes

About what Video we are talking again? I don't see any Links, so I don't know what to check...

Yes, it is kinda less Micro for Mutas. For Tanks, not really since now Splash is stronger and damage overall is stronger so you need to be careful anyway, or you can wipe out your own army. About Mutas, definitely less, since you can't micro Mutas like in SC1, and they have so much more counters, they are fragile and die to anything, so people most likely just fly around with them and keep sniping workers or units without exposing them much.

Edit: Just watched the video. As I said, about Mutas I agree, but Tanks didn't change much.
    Last edited by RamiZ; 07-29-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Moved to the strategy forum. Discussion regarding pro-gamers/micro techniques belongs here.

??

you sure?

This discussion is only about game mechanics not micro

But I guess it fits in here as well
    Last edited by userstupidname; 07-29-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Zerg players should be glad that mutas can't stack anymore, sure there's some weird micro tricks lost, but a couple thors could kill an unlimited amount of SC1 mutas all at once =)
    Learn the 3 simple steps to better macro and more wins - Starcraft 2 macro guide

Want to improve your Terran gameplay? Better learn all the Starcraft 2 Terran strategies that you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Taerix View Post
    Zerg players should be glad that mutas can't stack anymore, sure there's some weird micro tricks lost, but a couple thors could kill an unlimited amount of SC1 mutas all at once =)
    That won't be the problem, because they wouldn't stack them then. But it would help in ZvZ and in ZvP, but it would be OP, just like it was in SC1. So I think it is a good thing that they removed it.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Muta micro still exists, its just a lot more difficult to do.

I dont really like the new siege tank damage (in that there is no overkill), but it can be fixed if they just add a travel time in siege mode, but that would feel equally bad.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Muta micro still exists, its just a lot more difficult to do.

I dont really like the new siege tank damage (in that there is no overkill), but it can be fixed if they just add a travel time in siege mode, but that would feel equally bad.
    Of course it still exists, but it isn't even close to what it was in SC1. And as I said, it is much better to fly with them out of danger, sniping out few units, if you try to micro them, you will end up taking more damage than you did.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

TRB, even with the best micro in the world, you can't achieve what you did in BW with SC2 mutalisks. Therefor it isn't just 'harder', the cap is also much lower, so you can't achieve the same awesomness.

I think it's unfortunate muta micro isn't the same, but I can get over that, there are new exciting mechanisms. What I can't understand is the whole tank smartshooting. It eliminates what was a REALLY interesting aspect of fighting tanks in BW. Nada used to turn the tide of a battle by running in 2/3 SCVs in front of his army. That would make the whole difference! Now, each of those SCVs would just take one hit from a tank and that's it.

The game can survive without it, but I can't friggin understand blizzard's lame ass choices sometimes. Nobody gets anything out of this change.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Tank's smart shooting working only with Shift-queuing?
    I think that if you don't do that, they will still do overkill.
    "Living for the Swarm!"