Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: June 22 Press Event Q&A

Default Re: June 22 Press Event Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    6- Why would the enemy see one of my buildings without being near it? I don't understand the question.
    The Sensor Tower (used to?) Project itīs "see into the dark" range as Teamcoloured circle - visible even to the enemy. They therefore knew exactly when they would show up as "!" and consequently where the Tower was.

Clarification to my question: How does the MUKE perform? The supply drop is the equivalent of 100 Minerals I guess, isnīt the MULE better? How long does it last?

Great review, Zero! - Thanks for getting to many of my questions....!

Edit: - My apologies, ChaosSmurf - didn't realize it was your review - Great...!
    Last edited by Caliban113; 06-29-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

My favorite part of this whole thing was the gamplay video that was posted. the game is looking great. I could only imagine what the gameplay will look like for blizzcon.
    STARCRAFT II HEART OF THE SWARM IS COMING ARE YOU READY?
    THE DARK TEMPLAR ARE LIKE THE JEDI OF STARCRAFT AND ZERATUL IS THEIR LEADER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Not anymore. Although the defenses of the Planetary Fortress are solid, the Orbital Command has a lot of great features: Scanner Sweep, Supply Drop (+8 supply to any Supply Depot), and the temporary MULE. All of the above requiring only 50 energy.
    I always figured it 'would' see use in yellow mineral patches, or other vulnerable areas.

Other possibly interesting things I note:
    Terran - Merc Compund appears to play straight from the Barracks, and Raven shraight from Starport (did it used to require Fusion Core).
    Zerg - Roach is up to Lair and Corruptor's back to Spire.
    Protoss - Nothing Major, except that DO doesn't appear to allow Archons (although this could be that DT would be unlikely melders).
    Last edited by MattII; 06-29-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Rizhall's Avatar Junior Member

I remember them mentioning, and seeing in action in screenshots, that Zealots had an idle animation where they would turn off their blades. In the video, however, they never did this. Have you noticed this action while playing, or did they remove it for whatever reason?
    Are you down-right fierce? You Dan Straight you are. Join the Street Fighter Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizhall View Post
    I remember them mentioning, and seeing in action in screenshots, that Zealots had an idle animation where they would turn off their blades. In the video, however, they never did this. Have you noticed this action while playing, or did they remove it for whatever reason?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT_0IRNbN14

2:20

Did anyone think to ask why a Zerg unit can germinate usually commercially produced guns and armour from an egg?

(Long time lurker, first time poster.)

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Did anyone think to ask why a Zerg unit can germinate usually commercially produced guns and armour from an egg?
    Yes, many times. It's the whole reason why a handful of people don't like the ability.

No matter what way you spin it, whether it be "capturing marines" or using marines from pre SC2, or "gathering up dead bodies" it's a stupid ability lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Yes, many times. It's the whole reason why a handful of people don't like the ability.

No matter what way you spin it, whether it be "capturing marines" or using marines from pre SC2, or "gathering up dead bodies" it's a stupid ability lore wise.
    Is that all they could come up with as an excuse for it? Dissapointing.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the eggs were similar to spidermines and erupted and corrupted (only infantry) for a few seconds, maybe 10. Although, I'm sure this is the wrong thread for suggestions, and the likelihood of my suggestions being heard by the right ears is unlikely. It'd just be cool to put a few on the battle field and a few in your mineral line to prevent Reaper raids.

But as I mentioned, probably the wrong thread.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Personally, I think it would be cool if the eggs were similar to spidermines and erupted and corrupted (only infantry) for a few seconds, maybe 10
    Thing about that is, it then becomes almost a whole different ability. I think Blizzard's goal with spawning infested Terrans is to have a temporary defense against air when you need it.

Part of me believes it's a placeholder despite it being in so long. They can just change the unit, call it something else and make it innately Zerg, and I'd be completely fine with it.