Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: June 22 Press Event Q&A

Default Re: June 22 Press Event Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Is this mechanic a form of the "spine" mechanic that I proposed for a Hydralisk replacement?

Look whos a theorycrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Rizhall View Post
    I think he's talking about the crudely photoshopped Defiler image someone put to the right of the pool -_-;;
    Yes, that. - and I guess I have my answer. many thx!

Dang you, Scorpio...!
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

areese87's Avatar Junior Member

How do Brood Lords work? Is there an initial damage upon impact and then the broodlings attack? Does the impact happen at once?
    Itís a shame that there is no hell for Falwell to go to, and itís extraordinary that not even such a scandalous career is enough to shake our dumb addiction to the ďfaith-based.Ē[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by areese87 View Post
    How do Brood Lords work? Is there an initial damage upon impact and then the broodlings attack? Does the impact happen at once?
    From when I played, and they were called Swarm Guardians, there was an initial, Guardian-esque long range attack dealing damage, which then split into broodlings for additional damage. (microable DoT)

Sorry, can't help with this one. You might want to ask Rylin. He was able to play around with the Brood Lords in our play match to test various Terran and Zerg mechanics. None of my other games as Zerg lasted long enough for me to make Brood Lords.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Sorry, can't help with this one. You might want to ask Rylin. He was able to play around with the Brood Lords in our play match to test various Terran and Zerg mechanics. None of my other games as Zerg lasted long enough for me to make Brood Lords.
    Is Rylin active on this forum and interested in contributing his thoughts in this thread? I'd also like to hear about the new Brood Lord mechanic.

Send him a PM about it, and I'm sure he'll get to it.

I'm trying to think back, because they were MY units he was attacking, and I want to say there was an initial attack, especially since the spawned broodlings likely wouldn't do enough damage on their own to warrant spending so much to get the Brood Lords.
    [CENTER]

Zero, has the UI changed visually at all from what we've seen in the most recent screenshots?

Thanks.

Banned

Nice write ups zero.
    What I'm interested is the unit movement and behavior. For example in the battle reports the drone sort of corners like a fast moving car, so do other units move like that or are they more precise and is the overall movement fluid?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickR View Post
    Nice write ups zero.
    What I'm interested is the unit movement and behavior. For example in the battle reports the drone sort of corners like a fast moving car, so do other units move like that or are they more precise and is the overall movement fluid?

Thanks!
    All I can say with a certainty is the overall movement flows really well. It's been two weeks, so I can't confirm the drone's movement. All I can say is that hopefully the beta won't be too much further away.
    [CENTER]