Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tal'darim in Wings of Liberty

Default Re: Tal'darim in Wings of Liberty

The Voice in the Dark lives and feed on void energies so it might be easier for it to assimilate the "lost Protoss of Aiur". Just if this is true, it might explain everything.
    Doesn't explain why it shuns Dark Templar. Perhaps they're just too well trained in the Void to easily be overtaken?

It seems as though Tal'Darim isn't specific to a single group, but a collection of them. They are all forged into something new, something twisted.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    But doesn't explain how or why they used Stalkers.

I wonder if the Tal'darim haven't gone through several iterations. In the game they claim to have protected Xel'Naga artifacts for centuries. Maybe Ulrezaj is just a leader of a smaller branch of them. Come to think of it, they may be fairly wide-spread, considering that Sundrop was used on Shakuras already.
    Doesn't explain why it shuns Dark Templar. Perhaps they're just too well trained in the Void to easily be overtaken?

It seems as though Tal'Darim isn't specific to a single group, but a collection of them. They are all forged into something new, something twisted.
    I'll say it this way.

1) Ulrezaj is probably not "the boss" of the Tal'darim, just the Aiur branch faction. He probably found out about his boss from those forbidden crystals, and is likely younger than the oldest Tal'darim.
    2) The Sundrop-using protoss on Shakuras are probably Tal'darim as well. (This is a guess. But seriously... Sundrop?)
    3) It's possible Ulrezaj's boss (the Dark Voice?) just names all these factions Tal'darim. Maybe as a joke.
    4) The Tal'darim in Maw of the Void still hate Dark Templar, and they locked them up.
    5) They shouldn't use stalkers. They should use dragoons. *Tsk tsk* Blizzard.
    6) Assuming Narud = Duran (probably not a big assumption), isn't it odd that he oversaw stealing artifacts from the Tal'darim? Well, look at what they were being used for. Removing Kerrigan from the Swarm. Without her, the Dark Voice could more easily take over the Swarm. IMO.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Artanis's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I agree about Stalkers, but they already have Dragoons (Immortals) and by the way they shouldn't use Void Rays.
    Battlecruiser operational?

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I agree about Stalkers, but they already have Dragoons (Immortals) and by the way they shouldn't use Void Rays.
    Thing is, they could still have dragoons. They can't make more, and the rest were converted to immortals. But if the Tal'darim have been cut off, one would think they wouldn't have made the switch, even if they couldn't make more.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Artanis's Avatar Junior Member

Thing is, they could still have dragoons. They can't make more, and the rest were converted to immortals. But if the Tal'darim have been cut off, one would think they wouldn't have made the switch, even if they couldn't make more.
    I agree.
    Battlecruiser operational?

I think I found the answer for that.
    Zeratul's mission - echoes of the future shows you that the overmind was created with a mission and without a free will.. and in the first starcraft the overmind tells you that zeratul uses energy much like his own.
    in case of the dark voice being a "fallen xel'naga" it makes sense that the dark templar won't be affected by the dark voice because the xel'naga created the overmind..

does that make sense?

~Xeo

Quote Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
    I think I found the answer for that.
    Zeratul's mission - echoes of the future shows you that the overmind was created with a mission and without a free will.. and in the first starcraft the overmind tells you that zeratul uses energy much like his own.
    in case of the dark voice being a "fallen xel'naga" it makes sense that the dark templar won't be affected by the dark voice because the xel'naga created the overmind..

does that make sense?

~Xeo
    I like that theory. It actually makes sense, but could have Blizzard pre-planned the story so far in advance? I mean, did they even knew they are going to bring the Xel'Naga back when they wrote the lines for the Overmind in the original SC(aka 12-13 years ago)? Myabe it is a coincidence, but if not, then your theory is very good.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Shouldn't they not have khalai units period since sundrop removes the connection to the Khala? I assumed the Tal'Darim faction is so large because it reels in Protoss from everywhere with sundrop.

Quote Originally Posted by RolleR_RATM View Post
    I like that theory. It actually makes sense, but could have Blizzard pre-planned the story so far in advance? I mean, did they even knew they are going to bring the Xel'Naga back when they wrote the lines for the Overmind in the original SC(aka 12-13 years ago)? Myabe it is a coincidence, but if not, then your theory is very good.
    Thanks!
    BTW there are a lot of comments that shouldn't be taken lightly in "In Utter Darkness" made by the Dark Voice.
    things like - "Prideful Children.."
    I remember another thing but can't quite make the same lines but he said something along the lines I gave you life now I'm going to end you or something similar..

I think there is a great chance that the fallen one that lurks in the void is a Xel'naga.
    And I didn't read all the books so can someone explain to me what sundrop is? I remember something from shadow hunters? maybe a protoss drug or some sort?

~Xeo
    Last edited by Xeo; 08-08-2010 at 09:08 AM.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

You probably ment the phrase:

"I was your beginning and now I shall be your end"

This is a traduction of what he said in the spanish client.