Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tal'darim in Wings of Liberty

Default Tal'darim in Wings of Liberty

Hello guys. I was curious what you think about the fact that the Tal'darim are very defensive about the Xel'Naga artifacts that Raynor is collecting. I know that the Taldarim are fanatics, but still i think they might know something about the true purpose of the artifacts.

Will have to see tho, im cca halfway through the campaign. Awesome so far!!!

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Tal'darim in Wings of Liberty

Tal'darim aren't even supposed to be a real Protoss faction...it was the name given to the Protoss that Ulrezaj manipulated on Aiur.

I think they are being manipulated by the Voice aswell (Not sure if its a spoiler, if it is feel free to delete...As far as i know there is no evidence they are)

"We will hunt you down to the end of the universe...A thousand deaths will not atone for your secrliage" (or something like that)

I'm not sure they are in fact aware of what happens around them...
    They are fanatics to the "gods" that created them but there is soemthing more to it.

Spoiler:
    Hidden Content:
    Valerian Mengsk tells Raynor that the artifact is used to bring kerrigan back(uninfest her it seems which is unlikely because she has a role to play against the enemy and logic says she won't do it as a human), whether it does happen or not I'm still unsure since I didn't finish the campaign yet, I'm in the final mission though, or so it looks like, Zeratul Brings Raynor the Ihan Crystal that shows a vision the overmind saw and created kerrigan because of it, the vision is transmitted to Zeratul via Tassadar(who says he has never tasted death..)

Interesting....
    Regaring Kerrigan i have a feeling that she will be "willingly reinfested", but now with a goal far greater than dominating the galaxy. It would be a very tense moment between raynor and sarah, when they both realise what exactly Kerrigan's role is in the prophecy.

But i do like how it turned out for the zerg. Now they seem to be more than mindless killing machines, cause the overmind tried to resist the force of the controlling entity. Though im not sure if the Overmind was planning to reveal the purpose of Kerrigan's infestation to her.

Cant wait for Heart of the Swarm.

Kind of a spoilery post if you didn't finish WoL don't read this.
    Hidden Content:

Kerrigan still remains a "class 12 psionic entity" so maybe now she can control the zerg without being re-infested there was something a miss in kerrigan's introduction into the swarm, the overmind did it because of the vision it saw but maybe the outcome as pleased as it was with it, was not the needed one.

Maybe kerrigan being the entity she is, is the only person that can harness the will of the overmind and maybe that is something that will happen voluntarily on heart of the swarm, I feel Tassadar might have some role in this(seeing as how he could show Zeratul a vision of the overmind..maybe she will gain the ability to control Zerg without being re-infested into the swarm. it kinda ruins the purpose of WoL to just re-infest her as the whole campaign was devoted to saving her with these artifacts we gathered...

Confalone's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluash View Post
    I think they are being manipulated by the Voice aswell (Not sure if its a spoiler, if it is feel free to delete...As far as i know there is no evidence they are)

Wouldn't suprise me, seeing as how Blizzard's sotry telling is often similar across games and warcraft has been lovecraftian as of late. Tychus and Raynor even say they feel like they can hear voices when they are around the artifact.
    Confalone.conf

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

As a protoss Faction I fear that the Tal' Darim are as powerful as Artanis' protoss. It is unknown were they are getting such an outburst of power, because as Gradius said they were merly commanded by Ulrezaj. We just need to find out where they are getting all that power from. I mean how can they control that many worlds.

Despite my attempts to find answers I guess we need to wait, because quotes around Single Player indicate that the Tal'Darim have been a powerful fanatic group since a long time ago, specially on "Welcome to the Jungle"

I have the bad feeling that the Voice IS Ulrezaj. That would be so lame. Also, the portrait looks like it could be a Dark Archon.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Tal'Darim are basically Dark Templar. The vast majority of Dark Templar are actually not on Shakuras, and it's a safe bet many of them don't want to side with Khalai.