Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Store vs Ship wait.

Default Store vs Ship wait.

I preordered sc2 from gamestop to get the beta key, it says allow 3 days for shipping and 1 day for "handling?" i think. That means it will be there by friday or monday, i wont be home on monday and the rest of the week for camp, so if i want to play it has to come before friday. Im debating if i should just cancel the preorder and go buy it on tuesday, but since i dont have a car i will have to wait for my mom to get home, what if the game is sold out, then i wont be able tilll im back from camp because it usually takes 1-2 weeks to get the next shipment in.

What do you guys think i should do?

Default Re: Store vs Ship wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    What do you guys think i should do?
    Cancel your pre-order, use the digital purchase, pre-install as much as possible, play ASAP, give me $5.

but i have a gamestop giftcard

I would think that only the collector's edition has a risk of selling out. There should be a ba-zillion copies of the regular edition in every type of store that sells software.

Progenitor's Avatar Junior Member

Im pretty sure that all the collectors editions are sold out already unless blizzard decided to make more.
    BANELINGS!

guru's Avatar Junior Member

I think there are still plenty or Collector Edition here in Romania. I checked an online store and they got some. I don't think it's worth the money but i'm getting offtopic.
    Just cancel the order and get it online as Blazur suggested

The chances of SC2 being sold out in multiple stores near you are about zero...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    The chances of SC2 being sold out in multiple stores near you are about zero...
    Pretty much. Although if you have a GameStop nearby which does offer a midnight release, you're almost guaranteed a copy by preordering since they'll be acquiring enough supply ahead of time to meet demand.

Don't have it shipped if you've got a car...unless you're willing to possibly wait a day or 2.

Dean63's Avatar Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OVERVIEW

There's a few key points you need to cover before making a big decision, coming here was a good step. What you want to worry about are: the money you would be returned or lose if you did cancel your current copy of SC2 and the money you would pay for another copy of SC2 if you did cancel, process of acquiring the new copy of SC2, and thus whether you should cancel at all.

COST

Your Gamestop card, by terms and contract, may lose value if you cancel the order. Thus, if you cancel the order, you may not get the full money back. Check out the legal terms surrounding the card, pre-ordering in your area (or online if purchased there), or call your local Gamestop store and ask them a few questions. Here's some you should ask:

"If I cancel my pre-order, will I get a return of my money from Gamestop? Will I also get the place order (the money you paid them to reserve the game for you) returned?"

"If so, will it via a check, store credit, or Gamestop Card credit?"

DELIVERY

While you're on the phone, ask them about the process of acquiring Starcraft II, since that is the main "make or break" issue for you now. This includes not only the possible increase, decrease, or unchange in their shipping/handling/pick-up methods. Here's a question you should ask them:

"In terms of Starcraft II, what offers do you have on shipping? 3-day shipping still free, midnight opening in my area, street-date guarantee available (at a cheap price)?"

"Is it possible for me to change my pick-up procedure. If so, which one (of the above) is best for me?"

CONCLUSION

If you feel "I'll die of anxiety" for waiting 3 days after release then cancel order and purchase digital or re-work shipping/handling to a quicker pick-up.

If you feel "I like the game, but it's not worth the (possible) loss in money" or "I want it a lot, but can still wait" then retain the deal you have but bring up the idea a re-work of shipping/handling to a quicker pick-up with a Gamestop employee.

NOTES

In North America, Starcraft II's Collector Edition is still available at Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=77632

Promotional offer (by pre-ordering) for Starcraft II's BETA event ended on 17 May 2010.
    Last edited by Dean63; 07-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    but i have a gamestop giftcard
    I went to the local Gamestop where I live and pre-ordered it for in-store pickup just a few days ago... then I called their website number and gave them the information on the receipt and they cancelled my online order.... I had to do this because the online order is non-redeemable because of the beta key.

But that's what they told me to do when I said I'd rather not wait, and they said they had plenty of copies left.