Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

  1. #1

    Default StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...velopment-cost

    to sum up the article, blizzard never told anybody the cost for SC2 and doesn't plan on it for competitive reasons. WSJ got the 100 mil from how much WoW cost them.

    in other news - pre-orders have hit 700,000+

    ...i also find it ironic, and am proud of blizzard for their hard work, that WoW now brings in over 100 million PER MONTH for them

  2. #2

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Mother mercy...

  3. #3

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Wow that's interesting. So how long are betting that it'll take to reach 100mil copies sold?
    "'Every game they go 17 raks-nuke', make a void ray you retard." -SaharaDrac

  4. #4

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...velopment-cost

    to sum up the article, blizzard never told anybody the cost for SC2 and doesn't plan on it for competitive reasons. WSJ got the 100 mil from how much WoW cost them.

    in other news - pre-orders have hit 700,000+

    ...i also find it ironic, and am proud of blizzard for their hard work, that WoW now brings in over 100 million PER MONTH for them
    While I don't like WoW at all (MMOs in general aren't really my thing)...I am very glad that Blizz has such a huge cash cow. It's paid for itself, WoL and Diablo 3 a couple of times over.


  5. #5

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Indeed, and hey yes it is a cash cow, but atleast it's a high quality game. Not everyone likes MMORPG's lets face it.

  6. #6
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    I could see StarCraft 2 having cost more than World Of WarCraft to make.

    They sure got a nice return on that investment



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    700,000 games sold and it hasn't even been released yet! I wonder how many of them pre-orders are forgetful people pre-ordering a couple times and how many people will just not end up even picking up their pre-order..
    ChAoS.800
    US server

  8. #8

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    I could see StarCraft 2 having cost more than World Of WarCraft to make.

    They sure got a nice return on that investment
    I don't know about that, they don't have too much problems with balance, but the amunt of content that they need to add constantly is huge.

  9. #9

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    im interested in what its preorder sales are now, 3 days from launch
    http://i.imgur.com/8oAhR.gif

  10. #10

    Default Re: StarCraft 2 Development Cost Is False Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    I don't know about that, they don't have too much problems with balance, but the amunt of content that they need to add constantly is huge.
    WoW brings in 1.2 BILLION dollars per year for them...it covers any and all costs unless Blizzard has a staff that needs billions to fund

Similar Threads

  1. False Release Dates Piss Me Off
    By DemolitionSquid in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. Protoss Missions, Protoss Casters in Final Development
    By Gifted in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 12:02 AM
  3. [False] Beta to be announced very soon?
    By deadlyhazard in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 08:47 AM
  4. Can anyone tell me where this info is from and if it's canon or not?
    By Pandonetho in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM
  5. Possible info on BETA?
    By Genopath in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •